Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Requesting for your visa application to be prioritised

Online status just changed from pending to approved!

I already had my accredited employer visa approved but needed both my children's dependent visas to be approved before the planned leave date which was in a month. My daughter was only born 3 weeks ago and after my visa was granted.

I both emailed and, probably more successful, called to request they were prioritized. Both were approved 2 days later.

The reasons i gave were around financial hardship risk and family issues. Both my work visa and my son dependent Hong Kong visas end after my resignation from my current job, which I resigned from so i could start my new NZ job, so we would have to leave HK but only i could enter NZ, splitting me from my daughter (HK citazenship) and leaving my son in limbo (UK citizenship). A delay would also lose me both jobs and our place of residence as notice have also been given in HK. My salary being relatively high and having a Kiwi wife probably helped. She has citizenship if UK, HK and NZ so was not a concern.

Based on a few approvals mention in this thread I tried my luck too.
    Alas I was greeted by mighty Gandalf the Grey at the door saying "You shall not pass" while slamming his staff down generating a light pulsating from his feet*

I Used the same reasons as other applicants in this thread @Bonito mentioned his request was accepted.

• The current job offer is from a Semi government body and my employer is accredited.
    • Both Current and Previous Job Code is on the Long Term Skill Shortage List.
    • Already worked for more than 2 years in the LTSSL occupations in New Zealand.
    • Already worked 19 months for an accredited employer with full NZ registration.
    • Currently, a holder of Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa.
    • Claimed 190 points which are above the minimum requirements.
    • Current Salary is above the minimum requirements.
    • English Language score above the minimum requirements.
    • Straightforward case with only NZ work history and NZ education, clean background and no other dependents.

Thank you for your email.

We have considered the request for escalation, but do not find that the application warrants prioritisation in this case. This application will remain in our queue pending allocation to an Immigration Officer.
    Hopefully one day there will be a happpy email from INZ, Hopefully.
    Sorry if it's against the rules to post in an old thread.

P.S. - I sent the request last night and got the reply today morning so at least they are fast at rejecting a request.
    Last edited by IT_GUY; 3rd March 2020 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IT_GUY View Post
    Based on a few approvals mention in this thread I tried my luck too.
    Alas I was greeted by mighty Gandalf the Grey at the door saying "You shall not pass" while slamming his staff down generating a light pulsating from his feet*

I Used the same reasons as other applicants in this thread @Bonito mentioned his request was accepted.

• The current job offer is from a Semi government body and my employer is accredited.
    • Both Current and Previous Job Code is on the Long Term Skill Shortage List.
    • Already worked for more than 2 years in the LTSSL occupations in New Zealand.
    • Already worked 19 months for an accredited employer with full NZ registration.
    • Currently, a holder of Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa.
    • Claimed 190 points which are above the minimum requirements.
    • Current Salary is above the minimum requirements.
    • English Language score above the minimum requirements.
    • Straightforward case with only NZ work history and NZ education, clean background and no other dependents.

Thank you for your email.

We have considered the request for escalation, but do not find that the application warrants prioritisation in this case. This application will remain in our queue pending allocation to an Immigration Officer.
    Hopefully one day there will be a happpy email from INZ, Hopefully.
    Sorry if it's against the rules to post in an old thread.
    Oh, how disappointing. And so disheartening to see that they're not even applying their own criteria for consideration consistently - as you've mentioned that someone else got escalated with similar criteria previously. They really are sly with this supposed option for escalation, when I've heard of hardly any requests getting approved!

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Oh, how disappointing. And so disheartening to see that they're not even applying their own criteria for consideration consistently - as you've mentioned that someone else got escalated with similar criteria previously. They really are sly with this supposed option for escalation, when I've heard of hardly any requests getting approved!
    Thanks Erin,
    I'm happy to have you on our side and yes very disappointing behaviour from INZ.
    I know you mentioned it's a case by case scenario hence no point trying to be reconsidered or complaining.
    Hope that things get better sometime soon.

Have just emailed through myself as current visa due to expire next month and with a partner who is a newly registered Primary school teacher, the stress and the not knowing is taking its toll and really feel for her more than myself but fingers crossed it can be escalated but not getting my hopes up.

Good luck to all those in the same situation and hope we all get there eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by JD87 View Post
    Have just emailed through myself as current visa due to expire next month and with a partner who is a newly registered Primary school teacher, the stress and the not knowing is taking its toll and really feel for her more than myself but fingers crossed it can be escalated but not getting my hopes up.

Good luck to all those in the same situation and hope we all get there eventually!
    This will be approved I believe as your partner is a teacher (and require registration) in the name of the nation's interest. Good luck

I love your optimism but I’m not getting my hopes up at all especially as I’m not really doing a job that’s in demand or anything although sure would be nice and save having to apply for a new visa in the interim.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast