Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ombudsman complaint re: cherry-picking of SMC applications

I've received the following from the Office of the Ombudsman yesterday:

Just to provide you with an update, we have made further enquiries with INZ and are waiting for a response. We are expecting a response at the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    I've received the following from the Office of the Ombudsman yesterday:

Just to provide you with an update, we have made further enquiries with INZ and are waiting for a response. We are expecting a response at the end of this month.
    Well I got the same response, and seriously this whole thing seems to be a joke (started this in May and it's 3 months), just delayed is justice denied.

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    Well I got the same response, and seriously this whole thing seems to be a joke (started this in May and it's 3 months), just delayed is justice denied.
    Yeah, I lodged my formal complaint with INZ December 2019. Then I contacted the Ombudsman in Feb 2020. So my complaint has been with the Ombudsman for 7 months as well.

But to be honest I expected this. I'm sure INZ is not really cooperative with this investigation, just delays after delays.

We lodged ours in January, the whole thing is just as bad as the queue we are all enduring. I still think along the lines that if nothing is at fault they wouldn't be asking repeatedly for more details. I get the feeling INZ just want to stall until they get it under control. Problem is the queue is still growing, despite no EOIs there's still a net gain of 200 applications on hand this month.

Will the Ombudsman's response be specific to our own applications or just a generic response to all of us about the complaint? Does anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    We lodged ours in January, the whole thing is just as bad as the queue we are all enduring. I still think along the lines that if nothing is at fault they wouldn't be asking repeatedly for more details. I get the feeling INZ just want to stall until they get it under control. Problem is the queue is still growing, despite no EOIs there's still a net gain of 200 applications on hand this month.
    I think the queue can still grow with work to residence applications that people can apply for.

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    I think the queue can still grow with work to residence applications that people can apply for.
    This is what it happening, they are clearing around 250 SMC applications but gaining 450 RFW ones, overall the balance on hand is still increasing even without EOIs, it's just each month the proportion becomes more RFW. Be interested to see the numbers once the EOIs from November to march start to expire as they will mean 0 new SMC applications, I guess at that point they might start to decrease their total.

The Ombudsman has let me know that INZ advised them that I have a case officer now. The Ombudsman is asking now if I still want to pursue my complaint. I will say yes for the sake of everyone else waiting so long. If they start picking EOIs the same thing will happen again anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    The Ombudsman has let me know that INZ advised them that I have a case officer now. The Ombudsman is asking now if I still want to pursue my complaint. I will say yes for the sake of everyone else waiting so long. If they start picking EOIs the same thing will happen again anyway.
    Thanks Yanco,
    Yes, there needs to be accountability for the actions.

How convenient to now say the complaint is resolved because you have a case officer.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast