Page 50 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post

DIA wouldn’t have to explain why they need me to inform them of my name change request asap because they already blanket that any change of our situation during citizenship application would need reporting to DIA asap and I understand that.
    true but you could always take a chance, choose option 3 and argue that you didn't realise that DIA needs to be explicitly made aware of name change even though it's in fact DIA that issues name change certificate.

Although it's an internal dept BDM in DIA and not the one that processes your application. I feel like you could take a chance here cos you're already accepted for urgent processing anyway

Er... be careful. This is a public forum which anyone can read, including the government departments whose rules you're talking about. We know INZ read us.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    the government departments whose rules you're talking about. We know INZ read us.
    good thing then. At least then they'd fix that cr*ppy tool that always says I'm ineligible to apply for citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    good thing then. At least then they'd fix that cr*ppy tool that always says I'm ineligible to apply for citizenship
    So far, this official attention hasn't been noticed working to any forum member's benefit.

What happened and how'd we find out that INZ watches these threads?

I don't know enough to say that anyone systematically watches, but certainly, INZ employees do dip in. Various things have show up down the years - for just one example, someone's LIA being told by their CO that they knew something he'd claimed wasn't truthful because he'd previously posted on here what he was planning to say. Notice, even someone posting under a username quite often gives enough details about their background and situation for it to be possible to match that person with the case on a CO's desk. And longer ago, the site owner (who isn't me) was told that COs in training would read what members were writing here to see what aspects of the application forms people were finding difficult to understand.

Holy sht. Thanks jnm.

who would've thought they're this diligent. If they'd spent half this sneaky time & energy on clearing the backlog, we'd be much further along by now and we'd not have people like kiwi and Sally waiting this long for their turn

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeln View Post
    Holy sht. Thanks jnm.

who would've thought they're this diligent. If they'd spent half this sneaky time & energy on clearing the backlog, we'd be much further along by now and we'd not have people like kiwi and Sally waiting this long for their turn

So they should rubber-stamp applications just to clear a backlog? Yeah, nah.

Quote Originally Posted by amities View Post
    So they should rubber-stamp applications just to clear a backlog? Yeah, nah.
    When did I suggest that & talk about doing it old school? That's clearly not what I meant so not going to dignify that with a response

@sebastian91 AFAIK the printing is tomorrow. What's their usual response about delaying printing? Are they usually responsive enough to give us info on next printing dates? I've mailed them to delay printing mine as well. I've got travel plans now

Page 50 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast