Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: PR waiting time

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    Update: we got the kids' new passports back and sent in our PR application last week, tracking says it was delivered 26th May. I consulted with our advisor, and she again said to apply for PR, but check the box for variation of conditions as a backup. So that's option 1 as quoted above. She says that a documentation officer does look at submitted materials and the cover letter before it's assigned to a case officer, so it shouldn't go unnoticed - and she will check on the status 2 weeks after the application was delivered. After that, the plan is for her to again contact INZ again close to our travel date, and request escalation at that point. I included copies of our plane tickets, and the cover letter explains our situation.

One other thing I probably wouldn't have known to do is to include certified copies of the kids' old passports in addition to the new ones. I don't need to separately apply for a transfer of the visa to their new passport, that's superseded by the application for PR (so no extra forms) - but good to have documentation of both the new and old passport numbers. We kept our original passports in hand in case we need to travel before the application processing is done.
    Update to the update - we got PR already!! Yay! Our advisor called INZ 2 weeks after the application was received, and successfully requested priority processing. We can now go on vacation as planned with no tension hanging over our heads <3 They didn't ask for our real passports, the certified copies were fine in our case, and we now have the email with e-visas attached.
    Timeline:
    May 26th- application received by INZ (as indicated by tracking number)
    June 10th- advisor called to request priority
    June 14th- PR granted, visas received by email

Congratulations!

Thanks! Such a relief 😁 How are things with you, are you going to visit family? I feel like everyone has the travel bug after the last few years of being apart <3

Family will be coming to see us before too long - that's the plan. ��

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Family will be coming to see us before too long - that's the plan. ��
    Excellent! It’s the year of reunions :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    Excellent! It’s the year of reunions :-)
    Indeed... we're going to be practically living out of A380s in September/October, with the amount of family reunion travelling that we'll be doing!

Hello friends,

Some of your IDs look so familiar from the time we had gone through the ridiculous / longest SMC waiting time. The current 5-month waiting time seems to be okay, though I can still remember at that time, the PR waiting time was 30-80 days 🥹

I’m about to send my PR application to Manukau now. I see some of the recent applicants seem to be asked by INZ for a NSC for later anyway. Shall I just include the form in my application anyway? Could you share if you’re asked to submit one?

Also, I wonder, if I should include my passports or just the certified copies. I just want to cut down any unnecessary waiting time if I’ll be ask for original passports later.

Lastly, actually the most importantly… my husband’s resident visa was issued later than mine, as we were at second lockdown at that time, and INZ was not issuing any offshore visas. However, his visa start date still shows the same date as mine as in august 2020. INZ’s website only says that non-principal has to wait to apply at earliest the same time as I, the principal apply. Does that mean, as long as I have hold my visa for 24 months, my husband doesn’t need to wait for 2 years from his rv was issued, and can go with the start date on his visa, which is the same start date as mine? Hope this question makes sense…

Any advice/thought is appreciated!
    Thanks for this forum and your accompany through this process.
    Last edited by kwlzdk; 25th July 2022 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwlzdk View Post
    Lastly, actually the most importantly… my husband’s resident visa was issued later than mine, as we were at second lockdown at that time, and INZ was not issuing any offshore visas. However, his visa start date still shows the same date as mine as in august 2020. INZ’s website only says that non-principal has to wait to apply at earliest the same time as I, the principal apply. Does that mean, as long as I have hold my visa for 24 months, my husband doesn’t need to wait for 2 years from his rv was issued, and can go with the start date on his visa, which is the same start date as mine? Hope this question makes sense…
    RV1.20 determines the eligibility of people who were not principal applicants in the original residence application to be granted a variation of travel conditions, second or subsequent Resident Visa or a Permanent Resident Visa.

R2.1 determines who can be included in an application for a variation of travel conditions, second or subsequent Resident Visa or Permanent Resident Visa application.

Reading both in conjunction with each other should answer your question.

Finally....I have received my PR visa yesterday after a long wait of 7.5 months.

Application Submission : 08- Dec-21

NSC requested : 21-Jan-22

NSC Submitted: 28-Jan-22

Application Approved: 25-Jul-22

No contact from CO in my case.

Good luck to all other who are waiting for their PR approvals.

Quote Originally Posted by manutd View Post
    Finally....I have received my PR visa yesterday after a long wait of 7.5 months.

Application Submission : 08- Dec-21

NSC requested : 21-Jan-22

NSC Submitted: 28-Jan-22

Application Approved: 25-Jul-22

No contact from CO in my case.

Good luck to all other who are waiting for their PR approvals.
    Finally bro , congratulations and I hope this news brings good news & success to Manchester United in the coming Premier League season aswell .
    Happy for you brother .

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast