Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: SMC Applications submitted in January 2019

Congratulations, Juniper! I hope you'll be very happy in your new home.

Stoked for you deverett! It's a good sign that the employment verification is underway - in reality, for a straightforward application, it could be done and dusted and sent for 2PC within a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Congratulations, Juniper! I hope you'll be very happy in your new home.
    Thanks so much, we love it!

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Stoked for you deverett! It's a good sign that the employment verification is underway - in reality, for a straightforward application, it could be done and dusted and sent for 2PC within a couple of weeks.
    Yeah, they don't exactly give you much time to turn around their requests. Emailed on Monday and they want the new information from me and my employer by Thursday. Luckily it's all stuff I have on hand and can just get signed and sent the same day, just made me laugh they say on it for 18 months then I get 2 days to turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    18 long months and we have been given a co this afternoon. We lodged 10/1/2019.

To be up front we put in an eve on Thursday and haven't heard back, so I'm not sure if we got escalated silently, the front of the queue actually had a sizeable move or we just got a lucky dip style selection, but a co is a co. Hopefully for everyone is the middle situation but we'll update of we ever find out more
    Did the CO contact you directly or did the call centre tell you about the CO?

Yeah, they don't exactly give you much time to turn around their requests. Emailed on Monday and they want the new information from me and my employer by Thursday. Luckily it's all stuff I have on hand and can just get signed and sent the same day, just made me laugh they say on it for 18 months then I get 2 days to turn it around.
    Congratulations deverett. Soon you shall celebrate it with your loved ones. Could you please share what all documents/ information CO asked for? I got into priority queue and shall get my CO within one week as advised by INZ. I shall start making preparations. Thanks in advance

We got an email from the CO directly out of the blue introducing themself. We sent top up relationship evidence before lockdown and forgot to get some bits certified so the CO asked for those to be certified and posted in again.

They have also messaged hr and asked for them to confirm I am still employed and in what capacity, along with my renumeration and if it has changed in 18 months details of when and by how much. I don't think they can be too suspicious as I only got a marginal annual pay rise last year, didn't exactly double my wage to get priority. It's not all that much so far but we will see if anything else follows.

What a CO may ask of one person will not necessarily be the same for another - it can vary a lot with their personal and work situation.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What a CO may ask of one person will not necessarily be the same for another - it can vary a lot with their personal and work situation.
    It also heavily depends on how much they sent in already. We were ridiculously thorough, other than additional top up information we sent in march we got absolutely everything certified by a friend that's a lawyer. That includes all of my employment history with job specs and dates of employment from HR departments for every job to try and avoid them having to talk to any of the employers. Talking to others that have applied I don't think anyone I've talked to has been as over the top with the certification as we went.

Our theory was we'd rather send the best evidence all certified for absolutely everything in and filed it all nicely matching the ITA letter sections with cover pages for each detailing what was inside and why it was included to make the co's life as easy as possible to try and get it approved with the least resistance. We'll see how it goes but I know when I get sent anything at work I'll always favour work from someone who was thorough and detailed as it makes my life easier and I can turn it around quicker so thought a CO might appreciate the extra care to make it a bit easier for them.

It also heavily depends on how much they sent in already. We were ridiculously thorough, other than additional top up information we sent in march we got absolutely everything certified by a friend that's a lawyer. That includes all of my employment history with job specs and dates of employment from HR departments for every job to try and avoid them having to talk to any of the employers. Talking to others that have applied I don't think anyone I've talked to has been as over the top with the certification as we went.

Our theory was we'd rather send the best evidence all certified for absolutely everything in and filed it all nicely matching the ITA letter sections with cover pages for each detailing what was inside and why it was included to make the co's life as easy as possible to try and get it approved with the least resistance. We'll see how it goes but I know when I get sent anything at work I'll always favour work from someone who was thorough and detailed as it makes my life easier and I can turn it around quicker so thought a CO might appreciate the extra care to make it a bit easier for them.
    I agree 100%. Good luck

Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4041424344 ... LastLast