Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by heart_prince34 View Post
    You don’t have to renew your current passport. DIA allows you to use your expired passport for your citizenship application.
    Thanks! I guess if that's the case, we will just not inform them of the new passport. We intend to travel overseas (just 1 week to 10 days) and need a valid passport to do so, hence the renewal plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    Thanks! I guess if that's the case, we will just not inform them of the new passport. We intend to travel overseas (just 1 week to 10 days) and need a valid passport to do so, hence the renewal plan.
    If you’re going to renew your passport then there is no harm of informing DIA(I guess you’re obligated to) about your new passport. All you have to do is just scan n email them your new passports copy.
    Last edited by heart_prince34; 13th December 2021 at 08:20 AM.

You don’t have to renew your current passport. DIA allows you to use your expired passport for your citizenship application.
    Can you please give a source for this information?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Can you please give a source for this information?
    F6F852EE-BE1C-4B60-8B13-D474BB966B3A.jpg

Please refer to the picture I've attached with this message. Moreover, few of my friends have actually done it. If you have no travel plans you can actually produce your expired passport(most recent) for your citizenship application. There is no such requirement that your passport has to be current.

Thank you.

Hi guys anyone with paper application that applied in christchurch on Feb has any update?

Anyone else waiting for more than 2 weeks after their first contact from CO asking to confirm the details?

I applied in Jan 21, received the first email from CO asking to confirm the details on 30th of Nov and nothing happened since then and it's been over 2 weeks. I read here that most people got approval email about a week after the first email and was wondering if anyone else waited this long after the "confirm details" email?

Also weird thing is that the email to confirm details didn't actually mention anything like "please reply to confirm" it just said to let them know IF the details are incorrect or I change my name etc. I replied anyway but didn't get anything back from them. Did you guys, who got approved, get similar email or did yours actually say "please reply to confirm the details" or any other instructions to confirm?
    Last edited by rooskie; 17th December 2021 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rooskie View Post
    Anyone else waiting for more than 2 weeks after their first contact from CO asking to confirm the details?

I applied in Jan 21, received the first email from CO asking to confirm the details on 30th of Nov and nothing happened since then and it's been over 2 weeks. I read here that most people got approval email about a week after the first email and was wondering if anyone else waited this long after the "confirm details" email?

Also weird thing is that the email to confirm details didn't actually mention anything like "please reply to confirm" it just said to let them know IF the details are incorrect or I change my name etc. I replied anyway but didn't get anything back from them. Did you guys, who got approved, get similar email or did yours actually say "please reply to confirm the details" or any other instructions to confirm?

Wait till next Tuesday as approval emails normally are sent on Tuesday only.

Confirmation of details email format is similar for everybody.

Wait till next Tuesday as approval emails normally are sent on Tuesday only.

Confirmation of details email format is similar for everybody.
    OK so I got an answer today (yes you were right, Tuesday =) ) apparently they just forgot to send me the "Application approved" email. Today I got an email from Citizenship Ceremonies saying that my ceremony was supposed to be on 23d of Dec but due to pandemic it won't take place and I will receive the certificate in mail.

So my timeline looks like this:

Applied for NZ citizenship: 18th Jan 21
    Email to confirm details: 30th Nov 21
    -- nothing --
    Email about the ceremony: 21 Dec 21.

Anyway, thanks everyone for info. I'm finally a citizen of New Zealand now.

Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast