Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: section 49

Default section 49

Hi Guys,

Anyone of you have the section 49 in their resident visa? I just have few questions

Many members have had a Section 49(1) on their visa. What do you need to know?

yes Bro I have this condition on resident visa

Could I apply for removal of the condition 2 weeks before I become 1 year in my workplace? Also how long is the processing for the removal? Are they going to do an hour interview again about my job description? Thanks

once you compleate 12 months in same employment ,same or high wage then you are elligible to apply removal of condition 49 from your resident visa ,There should not be taken any interview if visa officer required any document they will contact you .Case officer will just check your 12 months work history with same wage rate

Thanks for the reply. how long is the processing average?

I have not applied yet for removal but should be processing time with in a 2 to 4 week .files goes to same branch and to the same visa officer who approved your resident visa and there is no fee for removal

INZ can't take an application before you have met the conditions. This is because, although you and your employer may have completely sincere intentions, something *could* happen to prevent your completing the year's employment. You have to be able to show evidence that it's done, and you're still continuing to work there for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Agam13c View Post
    I have not applied yet for removal but should be processing time with in a 2 to 4 week .files goes to same branch and to the same visa officer who approved your resident visa and there is no fee for removal
    Oh I see. I'll apply this September. I hope it wont take a year to process this I didn't know that the same CO who approved the residency will be the one to process the removal of section 49 too. If that is the case I am positive with my CO (cross fingers) she was efficient when she handled my case.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    INZ can't take an application before you have met the conditions. This is because, although you and your employer may have completely sincere intentions, something *could* happen to prevent your completing the year's employment. You have to be able to show evidence that it's done, and you're still continuing to work there for the time being.
    Thanks for this info JandM. I was thinking of it too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast