Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    as I had a name change and corresponding new passport while on my resident visa.
    Let's not throw in the towel yet
    Cos clearly @azure also had a name change and corresponding new passport while on resident visa so you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeln View Post
    Let's not throw in the towel yet
    Cos clearly @azure also had a name change and corresponding new passport while on resident visa so you never know
    Not losing hope, just getting frustrated. I know it'll come eventually, but it's hard seeing so many people who applied months after me getting approved already.

BTW @azure applied 4 months after me, and is already approved.

Not losing hope, just getting frustrated
    yeah I can see why. I understand

@azure applied 4 months after me, and is already approved.

Sorry, I figured I'll throw some ray of hope. In hindsight, I should've never posted my timeline. Should've just told about the approval or perhaps not even that

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    yeah I can see why. I understand

Sorry, I figured I'll throw some ray of hope. In hindsight, I should've never posted my timeline. Should've just told about the approval or perhaps not even that
    Absolutely you should share your joy!! Don't ever think otherwise. I am truly happy for you!! And for everyone who has gotten their citizenship.

I'm just feeling sorry for myself. And really annoyed with DIA...

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeln View Post
    mine too, no convictions, no outstanding debts, no name change, no PR visa transfer from old to new passport, presence tool was green when I submitted etc AND my original birth cert is in English
    but was STILL allocated to CO
    I would say yours definitely got through the automated checks and went to basket 1.
    So basket 1 may or may not get a detail confirmation email from a CO. I suppose the first batch of basket 1 got approved without the detail confirmation email (like some members here shared that they only got a surprise approval email) but it was not a good practice so now they have added that step to make sure the whole process is consistent with before.

Hi Kiwi

I applied the first week of June 2021 and I have not heard a peep apart from being told wait my turn. I am already over the wait time for the allocated 11 months to be assigned a CO and again I have just been told to wait and that a CO hasn't even been allocated.

for reference I applied online. I have no documentation in another language. I don't know why I didn't pass the automated checks and whenever I ask to speak to someone senior I am told no one is available. In a couple of weeks it will be a year since I applied and still NO CO ALLOCATED.

You are not alone in your frustration. I am slightly terrified that the longer I am waiting the more something of which I am not aware of has been flagged. At least tell me why there is a problem even if I have to keep waiting just some information would be nice.

That doesn't explain why for example some November '21 applications have been approved before October '21 applications. If "basket 2 / case officer applications" are at May 21, then both Oct/Nov approvals would have to be automated approvals, and should be processed in order.

Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    so now they have added that step to make sure the whole process is consistent with before.
    IDK if they're that quick to adapt to changes. I feel like it's more to do with the CO allocated

eg: MajorLiggs' and Azure's CO was more reckless, like to live on the edge perhaps?
    Mine was a bit more thorough perhaps?

but it was not a good practice
    true, Some COs seem to send autoapproval directly while other COs seem to verify details and THEN send autoapproval

I suppose the first batch of basket 1 got approved without the detail confirmation email.
    Perhaps, we would have a better idea, after someone clearly from basket 2 that submitted way back in 2021 & had elaborate back and forth mails with CO, posts us their timeline

Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast