Thread: Which visas are needed?

Default Which visas are needed?

Hi all,

I’m a bit confused about the visas.

• So I’m currently applying for the Work to Residence visa because my offer is actually from a talent accredited company.

• My spouse will apply for the work visa under our Family Stream.

• What about the kids? My son is 1 year and my daughter is 5 who needs to attend primary school.

Cheer, J

As mentioned on another thread, your daughter will need a student visa, applied for in her name. Your son will need a visitor's visa to match yours for length, which will also need to be applied for in his name and signed on his behalf by a parent, with a covering letter linking that application to yours. (A visitor's visa covers a child until they reach school age.)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Your son will need a visitor's visa to match yours for length
    Again thanks for your response JandM.

I do have a question. You mentioned "Match my length".

I'm not sure abou this but I assume the visitor visa and student visa are temp visa as in it will expire in x months while my visa (and my wife) are linked to 'how long I'l be working for the company'.

That's the point. When the student and visitor's visas are issued in the special circumstances of being linked to a parent's work visa, they are given validity for the same length of time. If, later on, you renew or change your work visa, you will also need to renew or change the three others that depend on it. Of course, you may move on to apply for Residence under SMC, and in that case, the rest of the family will all be able to be secondary applicants on your application.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    That's the point. When the student and visitor's visas are issued in the special circumstances of being linked to a parent's work visa, they are given validity for the same length of time. If, later on, you renew or change your work visa, you will also need to renew or change the three others that depend on it. Of course, you may move on to apply for Residence under SMC, and in that case, the rest of the family will all be able to be secondary applicants on your application.
    Thanks for your answers! My idea was to apply for the SMC as well