Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1 year in

Great post Duncan....I can't believe that we have only 6 weeks to go to our first anniversary...and I totally agree with the sweet/salty thing here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamee & Co View Post
    ...and I totally agree with the sweet/salty thing here!!!
    I agree re sweet; my wife though just enjoys it!
    But I cannot agree re salt; in restaurants etc. it seems always to lack (any) salt.

I don't really out out in restraunts (as opposed to a cafe), so I can't really comment on that. But based on the obsession with salt on the part of the masterchef judges, then I assumed that it would be the same there. Good to hear that it's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    But based on the obsession with salt on the part of the masterchef judges...
    That in return is something I can't really comment on.

In the restaurants it is not only Kiwi cuisine or Kiwi chefs. But also ethnic cuisine I have known from othe places is different here.

Thank you for the great update Duncan

Two other observations to add on to the 'random'.
    There is only one woman that does the radio voice overs and possibly only two blokes that do TV voiceovers - Mitre10 and Wet and Forget (and Hiiiiiiiiitman) man and Harveynormous. None are capable of speaking in any way that makes you not want to slap / punch them. Repeatedly. Very hard. And there's one poor girl that plays hockey (she tells us) that has an astonoshing list of ailments. Dandruff, sensitive teeth, spots, dry skin, something bowel related that I'm not quite sure about...... Or perhaps she's fibbing in order to convince me that I want to buy whatever it is that she's flogging, although I have to say that I do worry about the side effects...
    There is no such thing as a storm. It is a weather bomb. The British may have a reputation for talking about the weather all the time, and it may be a result of significant parts of NZ 'culture' being derived from ther, but even accepting that the weather here can be a bit more extreme than back home, the daily weather warning does lose it's effect after a few months.

Well lets start with work. Clearly every office/company is different, and so my work life isn't going to be the same as others. But this is a me me me post, so what I can say is that it's interesting, challenging, and mostly really really busy.
    Considering all the posts you have written between 9 and 5 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mamee & Co View Post
    Great post Duncan....I can't believe that we have only 6 weeks to go to our first anniversary...and I totally agree with the sweet/salty thing here!!!
    Wow Mamee that has gone fast!

Almost a year since our luge grand prix? We must do it again!

I've been here for the best part of eight years and I still think the food is too salty or sweet, hence why I bake my own stuff.
    I'm pleased to hear you're into your baking, means we can swap recipes! Today I have been mostly enjoying Allyson Gofton's pinenut custard pie.

Look forward to many more years down the (long, 70km ish) road from you.

great post Duncan

yes time has gone so quickly! I remember you moving only a few months ago (must have been 12 months ago!!!)

No-one cares if you work on the refuse collection or are a lawyer. But bragging about stuff from the outset will not speed your integration.
    ....... isn't this so refreshing in NZ!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast