Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Is it quite unsual for an SMC RV application sent back to CO from 2PC?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    24

    Default Is it quite unsual for an SMC RV application sent back to CO from 2PC?

    Hi EGoodhug,

    I would like to ask whether it is quite unusual for a 'recommended approval' SMC RV application to be sent back to the CO from 2PC for remedial work?

    I asked the reason from the contact centre and he said he was unable to see the reason on my file.

    I feel really concerned since I knew mine was back to CO for further work.

    ANZSCO: 234211

    Timeline:

    7 May 2021 Prioritised by EVE

    14 May 2021 Assigned to CO

    1 June 2021 Phone Interview with me; Submitted to 2PC

    10 June 2021 Assigned to Technical Advisor; sent back to CO

    CO will back to work on 21 June 2021

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,229

    Default

    It happens. It's the 2pc official's responsibility to make sure that all the necessary procedures have been correctly followed and correctly written up, so s/he will send the case back to the CO for anything that must be done differently. I have never heard of the call centre telling the applicant the reason. Sometimes it becomes obvious, if extra evidence or explanation is required from applicant or employer, but in cases where the CO just needs to add to or alter their record keeping, it won't show up for you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It happens. It's the 2pc official's responsibility to make sure that all the necessary procedures have been correctly followed and correctly written up, so s/he will send the case back to the CO for anything that must be done differently. I have never heard of the call centre telling the applicant the reason. Sometimes it becomes obvious, if extra evidence or explanation is required from applicant or employer, but in cases where the CO just needs to add to or alter their record keeping, it won't show up for you.
    Thanks JanDM! Two days ago, I received the AMS notes however the reason was not written on the AMS note. I could only see the person’s name who changed the location of my application from Quality Control to IO for rework. Presumably, that person is the Technical Advisor who undertook my 2PC on the 10th of June 2021?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,229

    Default

    Presumably, but I don't know. Notice, there's no expectation that the applicant *should* be informed of what the CO has been told to remedy. You'll be notified of your outcome as soon as it's available, though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Presumably, but I don't know. Notice, there's no expectation that the applicant *should* be informed of what the CO has been told to remedy. You'll be notified of your outcome as soon as it's available, though.
    Thanks JanDM. I realised some people’s applications took several days since been assigned to technical advisors to get the outcomes, who shared their timeline online. I assume they just did not know their applications were sent back to CO for remedial work and they thought the 2PC took several days?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,229

    Default

    At different times, the wait for 2pc has been taken up to several weeks. The actual check can be done in under an hour, if nothing is wrong, but there is a date order queue (which varies in length) for a 2pc to start the work. The original CO should not share that they have recommended approval before the case goes to 2pc, because if they have made any mistake in checking evidence against the criteria, the applicant may be found not to be eligible after all. It is not until the 2pc official is satisfied (either straightaway, or after remedial work) that the outcome can be stated.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    At different times, the wait for 2pc has been taken up to several weeks. The actual check can be done in under an hour, if nothing is wrong, but there is a date order queue (which varies in length) for a 2pc to start the work. The original CO should not share that they have recommended approval before the case goes to 2pc, because if they have made any mistake in checking evidence against the criteria, the applicant may be found not to be eligible after all. It is not until the 2pc official is satisfied (either straightaway, or after remedial work) that the outcome can be stated.
    I know the wait time to be allocated to a technical advisor may differ. What I said was that some people still waited for a few days since theirs were allocated to technical advisors. This might due to the remedial work for COs. But as those applicants they did not follow up as frequent as me or as detailed as me, so they just thought the 2PC took so long and did not know the ‘sent back to CO for rework occurred’ ever.

    Yes, I accept the CO should not tell me the recommendation is approval or not. However, I could see that from AMS notes.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    WELLINGTON
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lf71victor View Post
    I know the wait time to be allocated to a technical advisor may differ. What I said was that some people still waited for a few days since theirs were allocated to technical advisors. This might due to the remedial work for COs. But as those applicants they did not follow up as frequent as me or as detailed as me, so they just thought the 2PC took so long and did not know the ‘sent back to CO for rework occurred’ ever.

    Yes, I accept the CO should not tell me the recommendation is approval or not. However, I could see that from AMS notes.
    how can you get AMS notes so fast? did you happen to have placed a request a long back and it has been responded to now and happen to have the decision mentioned now?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    how can you get AMS notes so fast? did you happen to have placed a request a long back and it has been responded to now and happen to have the decision mentioned now?
    It takes a few days. The standard timeframe is within 20 working days, which means it is not always necessary to take 20 working days.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    At different times, the wait for 2pc has been taken up to several weeks. The actual check can be done in under an hour, if nothing is wrong, but there is a date order queue (which varies in length) for a 2pc to start the work. The original CO should not share that they have recommended approval before the case goes to 2pc, because if they have made any mistake in checking evidence against the criteria, the applicant may be found not to be eligible after all. It is not until the 2pc official is satisfied (either straightaway, or after remedial work) that the outcome can be stated.
    Hi JandM,

    Just to give you some updates.

    My application was returned to my Immigration Officer (IO) again for rework last Friday, 25 June 2021.

    When it was returned for rework the first time, it was 10 June 2021. The rework was finished on 23 June 2021 and submitted to 2PC. On 25 June 2021, it was returned to my IO again.

    I called my IO, ES this morning at 11:00 and this time she said she would let me hear from her within the next fortnight, which is quite a long time to wait, is not it?

    Now, I really feel frustrated. Is this a rare issue that the Technical Advisor return the application back to the IO twice?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •