Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Partnership Work Visa Timeline

She's on a visitor visa that would expire on the 28th Jan. on 21st Jan she'd received an interim visa to allow her to continue to stay in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Suryz.lee View Post
    She's on a visitor visa that would expire on the 28th Jan. on 21st Jan she'd received an interim visa to allow her to continue to stay in NZ.
    oh ok thanks

After almost 6 months of waiting, my visa was finally approved today!

Here is my timeline:

Applied: 9 August 2019
    Assigned a CO: 13 January 2020
    Approved: 31 January 2020

Quote Originally Posted by LyndalKim View Post

Here is my timeline:

Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by LyndalKim View Post

Here is my timeline:

Congratulations!

Thanks, everyone! ItÂ’s a long and hard process but it pays off in the end!

My timeline:

Applied - 3rd March 2020
    Approved - 10th March 2020

As I put the application through quite late on the night of 3rd March, that make the processing time less than seven days - I have been very, very lucky!

However, there's something that is troubling me: my partner and I have been living together for over twelve months, so I expected to receive a two-year visa. However, the visa they have issued expires at the end of April 2021. Does anyone know why they wouldn't issue a two-year visa in these circumstances? Has anyone else had a similar experience. Do they simply not believe that we have lived together for more than twelve months?

We applied for and received our first Partnership Work Visa at the end of April last year - the date the new visa expires is exactly one year from the date that the first visa expires. Is this a formula that INZ use in some circumstances?

I am worried because we have also submitted a Partnership Residency Visa application. Is there a chance that they will decline such a visa on the basis that they are not satisfied with our evidence of living together? Did they issue a visa for less than two years because we have a Residency application in train? I don't understand...

FWIW, we submitted a tenancy agreement stating that we began living together in December 2018, and more than twelve months of phone bills and bank statements (from both my personal and our joint bank accounts) all addressed to our current abode. We added a miscellany of other correspondence too.

Quote Originally Posted by karoro View Post
    However, there's something that is troubling me: my partner and I have been living together for over twelve months, so I expected to receive a two-year visa. However, the visa they have issued expires at the end of April 2021. Does anyone know why they wouldn't issue a two-year visa in these circumstances? Has anyone else had a similar experience. Do they simply not believe that we have lived together for more than twelve months?

We applied for and received our first Partnership Work Visa at the end of April last year - the date the new visa expires is exactly one year from the date that the first visa expires. Is this a formula that INZ use in some circumstances?
    WF2.1 places restrictions on the length of a Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa based on both time living together and previous visas issued. Effectively, one may not hold Partner of a New Zealander Work Visas for longer than two years in total. INZ has, in your case, followed WF2.1 to the letter.

There is evidence that a subsequent Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa may be granted as an exception to instructions, but only if a Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa application is in progress and if the two year ceiling will be reached before a decision on the Resident Visa application is made.

Note (for other people searching this thread one day) that there is no such ceiling for the Partner of a Worker Work Visa. These are usually issued for the duration of the sponsoring partner's Work Visa as per WF3.1(b).
    Last edited by Kelerei; 10th March 2020 at 08:07 PM.

Hi I have been asked to provide support letters from both of us and family and friends for partner of New Zealander work visa application. Though we had provided a partnership timeline letter signed by both of us with the original application. It seems immigrantion Officer may have overlooked this and other letters from friends,
    I would like to know if support letters from both of us and a timeline letter are different from each other or both can be considered as same. ?
    And what sort of evidences can we provide to show how our relationship evolved over time?
    Thanks in advance😊

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    WF2.1 places restrictions on the length of a Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa based on both time living together and previous visas issued. Effectively, one may not hold Partner of a New Zealander Work Visas for longer than two years in total. INZ has, in your case, followed WF2.1 to the letter.

There is evidence that a subsequent Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa may be granted as an exception to instructions, but only if a Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa application is in progress and if the two year ceiling will be reached before a decision on the Resident Visa application is made.

Note (for other people searching this thread one day) that there is no such ceiling for the Partner of a Worker Work Visa. These are usually issued for the duration of the sponsoring partner's Work Visa as per WF3.1(b).
    Ahh, I didn't realise that two years is generally the maximum time you can remain on a Partnership Work Visa. Thank you ever so much Kelerei!

Hopefully this bodes well for swift processing of our residency visa (I doubt it).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast