Thread: How are the chances of getting immigration permisson to New Zealand for a German Early Pensioner?

Default How are the chances of getting immigration permisson to New Zealand for a German Early Pensioner?

Dear Boardmembers,

currently I'm reflecting upon going to New Zealand to live there permanently, i. e. I'm interested in the terms of immigration.

Therefore my question:

How are the chances of getting immigration permission to New Zealand (permanent residence) for a German early pensioner with absolutely secure income (€ 2 300/month) and cash money of about € 100 000 (to buy a flat, apartment, house there?).

Many thanks for any helpful reply in advance,

cheers,

Bradley

Hello and welcome.

Here is some information on retiring in NZ. http://www.enz.org/retire.html

Quote Originally Posted by Braddley View Post
    How are the chances of getting immigration permission to New Zealand (permanent residence) for a German early pensioner
    Hi and welcome

As far as I know, there is no way as such to get PR. We looked at all the different visa options for my mother (German pensionser as well), and the only way for her would have been via us (her family) as sponsors.

Financial independence as such does not mean they let you in.

Good luck,

Daniela

I thought, depending on the OP's age, there might be a chance. As he is 'early retired', if he is still below the age limit he might be eligible for Skilled Migrant, as it says in the link, although he doesn't need or intend to work.

(Sympathies, Daniela. We looked at everything for my mother, too. Yours didn't go for being sponsored, then?)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    (Sympathies, Daniela. We looked at everything for my mother, too. Yours didn't go for being sponsored, then?)
    Thanks It actually turned out easier than we thought, as once here on a visit, my mother decided she didn't like it very much and wouldn't need more than a tourist visa (or the grandparent visa thingy). She said she would not spend more time than that allowed her to in NZ.

And of course you are right, the OP might still qualify if under the age limit.

Daniela

Oh, all for the best, then. Mine would have loved it if we could have all gone together after her visit in 2004, but it wasn't sensible to think of the time-lag with her on her own in the UK after our son would sponsor us in, and we got the two years of PR done so we could sponsor her. As things have turned out, her health has gone right downhill since, and it would be about now she would be failing the medical.

Sorry to hear that J&M, leaving parents is always the hardest thing.
    As this thread has come up, I thought I'd voice my query.
    My OH will be an early retiree when we apply, around 52 years old. He's more than skilled under the Skilled Migrant Category (PhD and Lecturer in Physical Chemistry for almost 30 years) BUT how do we handle the Interview?? He definitely doesn't want to work in NZ, we intend to live on combination of pension, rental income, own house in NZ and me working part time (who definitely doesn't qualify as main applicant). Any thoughts....??

Sorry to hear that J&M, leaving parents is always the hardest thing.
    Thanks - but we didn't leave her. Because of her situation, with me her only child, we're still in the UK, fingers crossed for our own health and strength to hold up to be sponsored when she doesn't need us any more, bless her.

As to your man... how good an actor is he? I think it's going to come down to a terminological inexactitude.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    As to your man... how good an actor is he? I think it's going to come down to a terminological inexactitude.
    Well Done for staying in the UK to support your mum, I'm an only child too, but luckily my parents are still in good health and it's 20 years since I left the UK but I do still get twinges of guilt being so far away.

I suspected it might come down to terminological inexactitude, he's going to be doing the Interview in English so it's going to be that bit harder for him - I wondered about saying where we'd begun to look for work which wouldn't exactly be lying... I just dread WTR because if we're going all that way again, I want to be sure we've got PR.
    Oh well, closer to the time I'll post a thread and ask for acting tips from the current forum members

We were sponsored by our son (Parent visa) and were completely puzzled as to why we were never asked how we were going to manage day to day - it was all loaded on him, what his salary was, checking where he worked, can he offer us a roof over our head - then he signed this document infront of a JP in NZ. Bit scary for him!!!

We will be self sufficent when we arrive in NZ but the onus was on our sponsor not us. The only other way I think would be to bring in lots of money and lock it away for a number of years - or of course, open a business and employ lots of people.