Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kindle Fire HD......does it work in NZ if you buy it in the UK??

Question Kindle Fire HD......does it work in NZ if you buy it in the UK??

Looking to buy a new kindle fire hd but worried that it wont work in NZ and i wont be able to buy books, apps etc? don't suppose anyone knows? i have tried to look it up but im getting no definate answers

Rach

I am no expert, but I think it should work- isn't that part of the whole reason you buy something like that!?
    When my son bought his there was another customer in the shop who wanted to get one for her daughter, who lives in the Emirates somewhere, and they said it is not a problem at all- you register with an Amazon account and you should be able to access that from everywhere, I would think?!

I brought my Kindle over from the UK. Not a Fire but the model before. It works fine here with an adaptor plug or charged using the USB port on the laptop. I've kept a UK bank account so I buy my Kindle books still from Amazon UK. It still delivers them wirelessly through our wifi network here at home in Ashburton. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkgirl View Post
    I brought my Kindle over from the UK. Not a Fire but the model before. It works fine here with an adaptor plug or charged using the USB port on the laptop. I've kept a UK bank account so I buy my Kindle books still from Amazon UK. It still delivers them wirelessly through our wifi network here at home in Ashburton. Sweet.
    Ditto, I've never had a problem either

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoul View Post
    Ditto, I've never had a problem either

That's great thanks everyone, i was just worried that i wouldn't be able to buy books etc so if i keep a UK bank account and pay from that there should be no problems?

Quote Originally Posted by rach&lou View Post
    That's great thanks everyone, i was just worried that i wouldn't be able to buy books etc so if i keep a UK bank account and pay from that there should be no problems?
    Yep, that's the badger Good move btw as books here are very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoul View Post
    Yep, that's the badger Good move btw as books here are very expensive.
    Great Thanks MetalSoul

check you can not buy the Kindle fire here! I suspect you will have trouble like for instance you can not download amazon songs here, If your account is registered to a NZ address you may have problem downloading films and music!
    Books I have no problem using my NZ switch!
    on another note my OH has a Samsung tablet adn has tried to download various UK apps to no avail, Amazon also refuse deliver all sorts of items such as electronic games and certain toys its very frustrating Relis have had to get sent to UK address and then post items such as Lego, Knex etc
    Another thing elctronic games are expensive too Fifa 13 is 24GBP in UK here is $78!
    If the kindle does not work you can use Book depositry which p & P is free worldwide

www.awesomebooks.com do free p&p to NZ and are very cheap

Thanks Janey, really appreciate your info.

I emailed Amazon and this is what they replied:

Hello Rachel,

I understand from your email that you are interested in buying a Kindle Fire HD on Amazon.co.uk and that you are moving to New Zealand.

You will not be able to purchase content from the Amazon.co.uk Market when you are in New Zealand.

You will need to migrate your account to the Amazon.com when you move to New Zealand.

If you are travelling or relocating you can change the country settings of your Kindle account on the Manage Your Kindle page (www.amazon.co.uk/manageyourkindle).

More information on updating your country settings on your Kindle account is available on our help pages:

So what do people take from this? We will be ok if we buy a UK one?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast