Thread: Working in Christchurch Office only, does it count as "outside of Auckland"?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Place of work is only an issue if you are claiming out of Auckland bonus points in an SMC application. Its not applicable to a talent (Accredited employer) application.
    I've checked my contract again and found that there is in fact the Christchurch "office address" listed in the exhibit. Somehow I missed that in the first place Now the question is, what to enter in the field "Provide the employer's address. This must be a New Zealand address" of the talent visa form. Would it be ok to enter the ChCh address as from the exhibit or must it be the address of the employer as on the first page of the contract (the contract party with their address)? In my country it is usually the legal residence address, but it might be different in NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by yesno View Post
    I've checked my contract again and found that there is in fact the Christchurch "office address" listed in the exhibit. Somehow I missed that in the first place Now the question is, what to enter in the field "Provide the employer's address. This must be a New Zealand address" of the talent visa form. Would it be ok to enter the ChCh address as from the exhibit or must it be the address of the employer as on the first page of the contract (the contract party with their address)? In my country it is usually the legal residence address, but it might be different in NZ?
    Clearly your "place of employment" is Christchurch.
    Your employer may have two or more addresses (ALK/CHC) , but you could use either?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Clearly your "place of employment" is Christchurch.
    Your employer may have two or more addresses (ALK/CHC) , but you could use either?
    yes they have more offices, the address where the company is incorporated is in AKL, but the office where I'll be working is in CHC.
    I've asked the employer for opinion about what to enter, they should be familiar with this. I hope so at least. If not, I tend to enter the CHC address, because they can get the legal residence address from the accreditation information of the company. If it's mistaken, could that void my application? I hope not...