Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ITA May 2019

Thanks for this - very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaB View Post
    Our timeline so far:

Onshore SMC application, 180 points claimed

EOI selected: 17/04/2019
    “Decision successful”: 18/04/2019

I rang immigration on 08/05 as we didn’t receive our ITA and got told ITA was sent to my partner’s work email. My partner doesn’t have a work email but he shares the first name with his employer so ITA was sent to wrong person. They said they’ll resend it the same day but didn’t happen so rang next day and asked again and finally received it 09/05/2019. My partner asked his employer to check for it but he couldn’t find it.

ITA submitted to Penrose: 15/05/2019
    30/05/2019: appeared as lodged in system backdated to 15/05/2019

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There is no way to tell for certain, until s/he says so specifically. Clerks look over an application after first lodgement (which can lead to one of those asking for more evidence if they notice any gaps in what you have sent), then the file normally waits in a queue for allocation to a CO. The clerks can be referred to as Immigration Officers, but I don't know if a Senior Information Officer might be an experienced one, or whether it would be equivalent to a Case Officer.
    Thanks. It was likely a clerk at this point I would think. They never said they were my CO. Either way good that the application is being looked at.

He did refer to himself as my “immigration officer” in a letter...but I don’t know the lingo and am not sure if that is the same as a case officer.

There is no way to tell for certain, until s/he says so specifically. Clerks look over an application after first lodgement (which can lead to one of those asking for more evidence if they notice any gaps in what you have sent), then the file normally waits in a queue for allocation to a CO. The clerks can be referred to as Immigration Officers, but I don't know if a Senior Information Officer might be an experienced one, or whether it would be equivalent to a Case Officer.

You'll find out in the course of the processing for definite who your CO is. It doesn't really matter whether or not it's THIS person - there will be A person. Of course, everyone hopes that their case will be allocated sooner rather than later, but you know how disorganized INZ have been for this last six months and more, so timing is even more unpredictable than usual.

Yes of course, I was only pleasantly surprised by any correspondence as I only lodged my application this month.

You'll find out in the course of the processing for definite who your CO is. It doesn't really matter whether or not it's THIS person - there will be A person. Of course, everyone hopes that their case will be allocated sooner rather than later, but you know how disorganized INZ have been for this last six months and more, so timing is even more unpredictable than usual.

@Jkms you fit their criteria to get faster processing (occupational registration)

I do have occupational registration, I didn’t realize that the faster processing could be that quick!! I am hopeful obviously that the extra documents requested will be looked at just as quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by allune View Post
    @Jkms you fit their criteria to get faster processing (occupational registration)

I wish you the best Mate .

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    I wish you the best Mate .

Twenty-four days since Penrose received our application, but still no lodgment date. :-( Hoping for this week!

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast