Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

If I'm the most unlikeable ogre in town with no friends but NOT a criminal, I can't get a passport?

So, that puts me in a tough spot to have to ask my landlord, boss, because i should have known my referee for a year. I've not known my other kiwi friends for a year. Rest of my kiwi friends don't have a passport FML

Can any NZ passport holders confirm, what your experience has been with DIA about passport identity referee?
    Last edited by azure; 16th June 2022 at 10:28 AM.

Default Talked to my identity referee

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    If I'm the most unlikeable ogre in town with no friends but NOT a criminal, I can't get a passport?

Seeing as my country doesn't allow dual citizenship, My friends are all on PR, work visa. So, that puts me in a tough spot to have to ask my landlord, boss.
    Can any NZ passport holders confirm, what your experience has been with DIA about passport identity referee?
    As mentioned above, I've recently applied for my daughter. The identity referee is a good friend of mine, so I asked her about her experience. The DIA asked her only one thing: here is a picture of the passport applicant, please tell us her full name.

So it's not at all complicated, just make sure the referee knows your full legal name as you have put it in your passport application. You know, no nicknames, correct spelling etc.

Quote Originally Posted by v.sp View Post
    As mentioned above, I've recently applied for my daughter. The identity referee is a good friend of mine, so I asked her about her experience. The DIA asked her only one thing: here is a picture of the passport applicant, please tell us her full name.

So it's not at all complicated, just make sure the referee knows your full legal name as you have put it in your passport application. You know, no nicknames, correct spelling etc.
    He's got a scanned copy of my passport anyway. So that's great then.

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post

So, that puts me in a tough spot to have to ask my landlord, boss, because i should have known my referee for a year. I've not known my other kiwi friends for a year. Rest of my kiwi friends don't have a passport FML

I hear ya. My partner and I really struggled to put forward our referees for our citizenship application.
    I had to ask a former colleague at my previous workplace and she did the same thing. Hopefully our referees don’t get any calls in both applications (citizenship and passport). We have nothing to hide but it’d just guarantee that no complications can arise from this step.

Good Morning, all!

I am over the moon with excitement, as there has been some movement in my application!

I got an email from a case officer confirming my details. Hopefully not too much longer before I hear if I have been approved.

The only thing that troubles me is this: "When your application is completed, it will be sent to the Minister of Internal Affairs for consideration and we will post the result to you."

Clearly there is something not quite right with my application. Off to do some reading and see if I can guess what that may be...

Applied in person in Christchurch: 26 July 2021
    Email confirming details: 16 June 2022
    Last edited by TheNewKiwi; 16th June 2022 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    Good Morning, all!

I am over the moon with excitement, as there has been some movement in my application!

I got an email from a case officer confirming my details. Hopefully not too much longer before I hear if I have been approved.

The only thing that troubles me is this: "When your application is completed, it will be sent to the Minister of Internal Affairs for consideration and we will post the result to you."

Clearly there is something not quite right with my application. Off to do some reading and see if I can guess what that may be...

Applied in person in Christchurch: 26 July 2021
    Email confirming details: 16 June 2022
    Congrats!

I'm pretty sure that the highlighted sentence is standard because I've read in the thread before that all applications will be signed by the Minister. Dig and you'll find it (pretty sure it was by Kelerei or MajorLiggs or LemonAndPeroa, one of the admins/modes)

Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    Congrats!

I'm pretty sure that the highlighted sentence is standard because I've read in the thread before that all applications will be signed by the Minister. Dig and you'll find it (pretty sure it was by Kelerei or MajorLiggs or LemonAndPeroa, one of the admins/modes)
    Well that's good to know! Somehow I was under the impression that they only go to the Minister if there is an issue.

Thanks!

Well that's good to know! Somehow I was under the impression that they only go to the Minister if there is an issue.

Thanks!
    No they get signed off in bulk unless there is a specific issue.

Thanks!
    This is the mail I've got. You're overthinking this kiwi

Tēnā koe *************,

The Minister of Internal Affairs has authorised the grant of New Zealand citizenship to you.

You will become a citizen after we send your citizenship certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeln View Post
    This is the mail I've got. You're overthinking this kiwi

Tēnā koe *************,

The Minister of Internal Affairs has authorised the grant of New Zealand citizenship to you.

You will become a citizen after we send your citizenship certificate.
    same here

Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4647484950 ... LastLast