Thread: First day of Packing Over!!

Default First day of Packing Over!!

Well, I have nothing but praise for my packers! Good humoured, despite the chaos that met them this morning when the arrived, despite my 2 year old's tantrums and despite the fact that I still didn't have everything sorted!

They seemed to know what could and could not be packed and as far as I could see, were conscientious in their packing.

Of course the proof is in the pudding and all that and we'll have to see how things turn out at the other end, but so far so good

Great! Hang in there.

what did you doing with all your kiddies toys? Ours tend to be in storage boxes already would the packers leave them in them or try and repack them into their boxes? We also have a blanket box stuff full of soft toys would they just seal it up with all the stuff in it? our kids will be 2 and half and 4 at the time of packing up so similar in 'requirements'.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
    what did you doing with all your kiddies toys?
    I asked them that today. They said they tend to repack things because they have standard sized boxes that will all fit together in the container. We also have a blanket box of toys and they said they may wrap it, but they'd decide tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens A friend is going to take my little one to soft play tomorrow morning so I've told the packers they have 3 hours to get the toys packed - no way can they do it while he watches - he'll go mad!!!

We had a whole dining room full of boxes of things that we'd packed about 6 months ago in an attempt to declutter the house for selling - we'd had it in a storage facility until earlier this week. They repacked everything into their own boxes. They need to be sure what's in the boxes for insurance purposes and again so that they have standard sized boxes - ours were a mixture of proper storage boxes and nappy boxes

I'm guessing the same will apply for repacking clothes then. I was going to pack up all the clothes we didn't need into old suitcases to get them out the way, probably not much point if they would just repack it all. My biggest headache will be the shed and all hubby's tools, diy stuff etc. Still thats a year away yet so I have that time to keep an eye on the forum and get tips from everyone like you

Quote Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
    and get tips from everyone like you
    Ha, my best tip - when cleaning ladders, start at the top and work down - not at the bottom, like I did with our first one I'm sure the people who's garden backs onto ours must have wondered what on earth I was doing last week standing on the top of a step ladder, scrubbing it with a nail brush

We finally unpacked the last UK packed boxes about a month ago, that's nearly 18 months after it was packed and two house moves (UK to Campbells Bay, then to Waimauku) ago.

Still discovering items that were repacked in the strangest of places. And our ladder that my wife cleaned repeatedly to ensure that it met to standard required hasn't been used once.