Thread: Middlemore Hosp. vs. Auckland City Hosp.

Default Middlemore Hosp. vs. Auckland City Hosp.

While I am waiting for my radiography registration to go through, I thought I would do some checking into where I would like to gain employment. Middlemore Hospital and Auckland City Hospital were 2 places that I was interested in (I like working in a trauma centre). I contacted their recruitment centres and both have passed me on to dept manager - both places have jobs posted right now. Anybody work at either of these places? Any advice on if one place is a better facility to work at?

Thanks! Leanne

My best friend did one of her surgical rotations at Middlemore and has also worked at Auckland Hospital. I know she preferred Middlemore, but that was because she was doing her specialty of plastics, rather than just general surgery as they had her doing at Auckland. I presume this wouldn't really be an issue in radiography as much.
    Anyway, she liked the people at Middlemore too - said there was a nice atmosphere, and that despite the commute from where we lived it was her hospital of choice here. (We lived a 5 minute drive to Auckland, but 45 mins in non-rush hour to Middlemore.) Demographically it's very different to Auckland, and I think that is part of what made working there such a memorable constrast.

I'm a nurse in Auckland City, it's a very modern, well-equipped hospital, nice coffee bars, plenty of trauma! Very short of radiographers, if you come here you might be over-worked!
    Can't comment on Middlemore..............
    K

Thanks for your input.
    Kerry, what did you mean by it is demographically very different from Auckland.

I'm on my way to go work at the Manukau superclinic (the out patinets of Middlemore essentially) and really looking forward to it.

Demographically there's high mauri and south pacific islander population.

Fancy a drink when you get there?

Jenni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennispink View Post
    Fancy a drink when you get there?

Jenni
    Would love to meet up for a drink...except I feel it's still going to be a while before I actually get there.