Thread: NZ driver license theory test

Default NZ driver license theory test

Is it enough to prepare from this online practice test (http://www.aa.co.nz/drivers/driving-...oad-code-quiz/) + questions list in road code or do we need to read the entire road code book and get information from other sources too?

Thanks.

Don't know the online quiz you are referring but in the interest of us all it is a good idea to read the entire road code. Some time ago the actual hard copy of the code contained all possible questions in its end. You might want to study these at least.

My son used the practice questions you've linked to -- if you repeat them until you're routinely scoring above the passmark, that should suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    Don't know the online quiz you are referring but in the interest of us all it is a good idea to read the entire road code. Some time ago the actual hard copy of the code contained all possible questions in its end. You might want to study these at least.
    I have read and know answers to all of the questions at the end of road code. I have also read the entire book but the reason for asking this is if there are any trick questions involved or that might not be there in book and practice test. Also in the book there are a lot of figures given e.g. the max weight of tractor if driving on full license, these things are hard to memorize and meaningless to me and neither asked in the questions list in book or practice exams.

Quote Originally Posted by sks View Post
    My son used the practice questions you've linked to -- if you repeat them until you're routinely scoring above the passmark, that should suffice.
    I am scoring 10/10 in all of those practice tests so i guess I'm safe for the test and the roads too

Thanks.

If you read the entire road code + do the practice questions (they are very important) which comes with the accompanying book, that would be enough to pass the theory test. All the questions that will be asked will be exactly the same as the questions in the practice, there is no deviation and no trick questions to stump you. The only thing is to remember the answers (or memorise them as you said). There is a time limit though for the test but most people complete it in 20 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by batgirl1001 View Post
    If you read the entire road code + do the practice questions (they are very important) which comes with the accompanying book, that would be enough to pass the theory test. All the questions that will be asked will be exactly the same as the questions in the practice, there is no deviation and no trick questions to stump you. The only thing is to remember the answers (or memorise them as you said). There is a time limit though for the test but most people complete it in 20 mins.
    Thanks. I've passed it today with score 35/35 and test finished in about 10 minutes

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by webmister View Post
    Thanks. I've passed it today with score 35/35 and test finished in about 10 minutes
    @webmister, Congrats! As I will also attend the theory test please give me suggestion for the preparation of the test. did u buy Official Practice Tests online?

Quote Originally Posted by farzanakhan123 View Post
    @webmister, Congrats! As I will also attend the theory test please give me suggestion for the preparation of the test. did u buy Official Practice Tests online?
    Thanks. You only need to read and practice the road code guide and questions given at the end of that book. They sell official practice tests only to make extra money. AA's free online practice tests are sufficient if you want to practice answering questions based on information given in road code guide.