Thread: How is experience verified?

Default How is experience verified?

I have experience letters from all my former employers.
    Do immigration people contact all of our former employers directly to verify the stated experience? or are experience letters enough for this purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by webmister View Post
    I have experience letters from all my former employers.
    Do immigration people contact all of our former employers directly to verify the stated experience? or are experience letters enough for this purpose?
    It will very much depend on the general impression and also on information provided else.
    As far as I know none of my former employers had been contacted back then. And I was in contact with them some time afterwards again.

Normally in order to verify the experience we need to submit the offer letter/Joining letter/Appointment letter of different company plus one bonafide letter from the current employer plus first ( first started job) and last month salary slip.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I just got letters from all my previous employers on letterhead. For my current employer (at the time) I submitted a whole load of information to prove my experience and employment period. Wasn't too taxing and none of my previous employers were contacted. The fact that the letters are on headed paper should make them official.

I don't think my employer was contacted either, and as I worked in HR the guys would have told me. Don't think OH self employeed references were checked either - at least they didn't tell us if they had any follow up. I'd say a long as references are on headed paper and any information requested is provided you should be ok.

My employers were not contacted but I got a letter from each of them, and had P60s for most of the years, although for my first employer I could only find a letter from the pension scheme. For my current employment I provided my contract, payslips and, by virtue of my position, could print out my time records.

Hi as per to my experience, they will check with employers about the details...better to provide all the evidence you have such as employment contract, service letters, pay slips and etc....to prove the same....