Thread: Support Officer and Case officer

Post Support Officer and Case officer

Dears

Kindly i need to have better understanding about the difference between Support officer and CO , actually i applied for myself for essential work visa , and my wife applied for a partner work visa (both applied in the same time just two weeks diffrance)
    for me i have CO assigned from 24/7 till now without any response , for my wife no CO assigned but we recived email last week asking for additional document (INZ 1200) this email received from support officer while no CO assigned.

so i just want to understand the process is the support office role to check the documents before it is assigned to CO? (notice that for me i submitted online , but for my wife i submitted in paper) but both of use is located now in the same location India office.

also kindly i want to understand, do the CO deal with each case separately or he might cross checking both application before approving one of them? notice that when i call immigration office in Auckland i found that our applications is linked together in the system.

thanks for explanation and advice.

A support officer is, in effect, a clerk. A clerk will look over an application when it is first lodged, checking to see that it looks as though there is enough evidence (taken at face value - not making an judgement about the validity of the evidence) to back up what the applicant has said about themself, and asking for more if there seem to be gaps. When in due course the CO is assigned, this person is a trained and experienced official, whose job is to check that the details of the application match with the regulations, and to verify all the evidence (normally by asking other people and organizations if what has been supplied is true).

In cases like yours, where the partner (and family, if appropriate)'s visa depends on the main applicant's, one CO deals with the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    A support officer is, in effect, a clerk. A clerk will look over an application when it is first lodged, checking to see that it looks as though there is enough evidence (taken at face value - not making an judgement about the validity of the evidence) to back up what the applicant has said about themself, and asking for more if there seem to be gaps. When in due course the CO is assigned, this person is a trained and experienced official, whose job is to check that the details of the application match with the regulations, and to verify all the evidence (normally by asking other people and organizations if what has been supplied is true).

In cases like yours, where the partner (and family, if appropriate)'s visa depends on the main applicant's, one CO deals with the whole thing.
    Thanks JandM

but dose it mean that the CO will give us the result for the two applications once in same time , or whatever finished he will publish?

also is it OK if i send to the CO asking for updates on my application? as he was assigned on 24/7 , then in 14/8 he informed us that he is working on the application, but since 14/8 no any updated and my situation is critical as i am in notice period with current employer.

i understand that they are very loaded with too many applications, but i want to know if i send such email to CO will he consider it inappropriate communication?
    Last edited by Lasheen5188; 4th September 2017 at 09:35 AM.

but dose it mean that the CO will give us the result for the two applications once in same time , or whatever finished he will publish?
    I don't think there is a set rule on this. He CAN'T finish your wife's application without finishing yours first.

You aren't likely to get an answer to any query just asking for an update. The COs' job is to focus on moving their cases through, so telling people 'now your case is doing this, now your case is doing that' is not part of it, as that time could be better spent doing something on another person's application which would get it one step nearer to granting their visa. (They all work about 100 cases in rotation.) Do you mean, you are under notice from a job in New Zealand? - and is this for lack of a visa? If so, it would be entirely appropriate to tell your CO what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I don't think there is a set rule on this. He CAN'T finish your wife's application without finishing yours first.

You aren't likely to get an answer to any query just asking for an update. The COs' job is to focus on moving their cases through, so telling people 'now your case is doing this, now your case is doing that' is not part of it, as that time could be better spent doing something on another person's application which would get it one step nearer to granting their visa. (They all work about 100 cases in rotation.) Do you mean, you are under notice from a job in New Zealand? - and is this for lack of a visa? If so, it would be entirely appropriate to tell your CO what is going on.
    Thanks so much JandM for your replay , i really appreciate it,

i am in notice period for employer outside NZ in KSA, that's why i don't think it will be considered a critical issue like Visa issue for someone in NZ, whatever i hope i will get a response soon,

Thanks again