Thread: Working Holiday Visa Question

Default Working Holiday Visa Question

Hi everyone,

I just want to ask if anyone here has applied for a Working Holiday Visa under your own country before and do you have to had a valid passport to apply? I am asking on behalf of my friend who is planning to apply for this visa but his passport has just expired on 31 January 2017. He is only able to renew his passport on 6 March 2017 but really wants to try this opportunity offered by NZ.. The online application opens on 8 February, in this case, is he still able to apply even though his passport is invalid at the moment?

Thank you for your help 😊

what scheme/country and are the places there limited?

It's under the Philippines Working Holiday scheme and it is limited to 100 persons ��

Try again next year!

@ChrisMwn What an acquaintance did was to alter the expiry year of the passport on the application form (false/misleading info), he added one more year and when he got a slot, he just explained to his case officer that his renewal is ongoing. He submitted the already renewed passport with a new passport number and expiry year.

INZ Manila was rather forgiving in this case and approved his visa. Do you think other people should risk it as well?

In the Philippines we have a really long wait for the renewal (appointment/personal appearance + weeks of processing).

http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/43627.htm Paragraph b. You're asking a Licensed Immigration Adviser to tell you/everyone that it's a good idea to lie to INZ?

@JandM didn't mean it like that. Jesus. =) Was supposed to be rhetorical -__- Sorry for the failures of my English language usage.

I pointed out that it's false and I knew the repercussions of making such lies.
    Last edited by allune; 4th February 2017 at 05:52 PM.

Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/43627.htm Paragraph b. You're asking a Licensed Immigration Adviser to tell you/everyone that it's a good idea to lie to INZ?

I dont know, but maybe the system will allow you to enter (correct) details of the expired passport?

@ChrisMwn nope the system won't let you if the applicant didn't have at least 15 months left on the passport (12 month WHV + 3 months more). I tried to apply in 2014 but failed to get a slot. The form remained on my account and I had all the time until next year's application phase to play with it. Answered different answers to questions so I'd know what the error message would be. That form got deleted before the 2015 batch started.