Thread: Electrical Qualifications in UK

Question Electrical Qualifications in UK

Does anyone know exactly what electrical qualifications gained in the UK are suitable for the 50 points. I have C & Guilds Part Two Electrical Installation certificate. However, I have only two components (they only had that available back in 1993!!) Will I still have to go through the NZQA.

Be grateful for any advice - r there any more electricians out there going through the same. We have been selected and are waiting for ITA!!

Seems like forever............

Thanks
    Mark and Kerry

Hi
    We have looked at the same thing over and over again!!
    The list of recognised qualifications states

"The City and Guilds Part One and Part Two Certificates named below, together with evidence of a completed apprenticeship registered with a recognised industry body, are assessed as occupying Level 3 of the Register and will therefore qualify for 50 points"

Hope this helps

Liz

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplop View Post
    Hi
    We have looked at the same thing over and over again!!
    The list of recognised qualifications states

"The City and Guilds Part One and Part Two Certificates named below, together with evidence of a completed apprenticeship registered with a recognised industry body, are assessed as occupying Level 3 of the Register and will therefore qualify for 50 points"

Hope this helps

Liz
    Hi Liz

Thanks for getting back. When we read the rest of that same document it states that the case officer must check that in certain C & Guilds you have to have completed three components (not sure if this is for the Electrical?) Do you know? NZQA have already done a pre-assessment and given us level 3 but they didn't ask whether it was two or three components???

We are just worried that we will be let down further down the line!!!!

Thanks for your help! How are you getting on with your application?

Kerry and Mark

Hi
    Not sure I can answer your question, it maybe worthwhile calling them.
    We are at the ITA stage, have our medicals next weeks and then hoping to submit in early June, keep us posted with your progress
    Liz & Tony

As far as i am aware (from meeting other UK sparkies when i did my Regs course here) The 236 pt One and Two with a 3-4yr apprenticeship are sufficient for the qualifications.

But i have not yet done this myself, as i am still only using Temp work visas and not been down the PR route. So i cannot confirm precisely. Hopefully from my point of view i wont need to go down that route either, as i have worked here in NZ as a Sparkie for a year so far, and held NZ registration for 6 months i can use that for my points.

Good luck, any other Sparkies questions feel free drop me a PM

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Leccy-Lee View Post
    As far as i am aware (from meeting other UK sparkies when i did my Regs course here) The 236 pt One and Two with a 3-4yr apprenticeship are sufficient for the qualifications.

But i have not yet done this myself, as i am still only using Temp work visas and not been down the PR route. So i cannot confirm precisely. Hopefully from my point of view i wont need to go down that route either, as i have worked here in NZ as a Sparkie for a year so far, and held NZ registration for 6 months i can use that for my points.

Good luck, any other Sparkies questions feel free drop me a PM
    Thanks a lot Lee, hopefully your right!!!! The NZQA is a particularly grey area!

Sure we will be in touch again about work etc. (hope you are not taking all the jobs!!!!).

Thanks again.

Mark and Kerry

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplop View Post
    Hi
    Not sure I can answer your question, it maybe worthwhile calling them.
    We are at the ITA stage, have our medicals next weeks and then hoping to submit in early June, keep us posted with your progress
    Liz & Tony
    Might give them a call or just wait for the full assessment to be done!! If you are anything like us you just keep stressing - sometimes for no reason!!!! are you applying as a skilled migrant? Good luck with your medicals, we are trying to lose a few pounds - well inches!!!!

Hopefully you are on the home stretch now - Good Luck.

Kerry & Mark x

We too are trying to lose the inches, not had a drink for a week now!!!!
    Good luck

Hi all

Paul had C&G part 1 and 2, AM 2, 16th edition wiring regs and C&G level 3. We also had to obtain proof that the apprenticeship was served with a recognised company. All of these certificates had to be sent off to NZQA to be awarded level 4.

When we received the ITA there was also a yellow piece of paper enclosed that stated that NZQA must evaluate and give level 4 or above to proceed. The NZQA report needs to be sent in with ITA also.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mark&kerry View Post
    The NZQA is a particularly grey area!
    And not particularly cheap if my memory serves me right!

Good luck guys.