Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auckland Central

Default Auckland Central

Hi all!

We are going to move to Auckland and we want to live in apartments (rent for the fist time and buy later). We are looking for something priced 250-300K (for buy). Is it possible to find a childcare in Auckland CBD? We have a two-years-old son .
    That are apartments in Auckland like? I have read that sound isolation is terrible and you can hear all your neighbours
    Also I have read that there are a lot of aggressive teenagers on central streets in the evening.

Kind regards,
    Vladimir.

I dont think you will find any apartments in the CBD for that price,check real estate on the net.

Hi,

Just had a little look for you, close to $300.00 you can get a 1 bedroom apartment, here is a link to get an idea of prices:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Prop...22=0&59=0&59=0

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....and+apartments

Hope this is a help...

J x

But I think he wanted to buy 200-300K price range?

Quote Originally Posted by Probyn View Post
    I dont think you will find any apartments in the CBD for that price,check real estate on the net.
    I have found some 2 bedrooms apartments for this price ($300,000 or less) in the CBD:
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Cate...0000&x=29&y=14

and even in Parnell (most ot them are leasehold):
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Cate...0000&x=61&y=18

Quote Originally Posted by Probyn View Post
    But I think he wanted to buy 200-300K price range?
    Yes, we want to buy 200-300K price range, not rent.

Ok good to see prices have gone down! What are the monthly maintenance fee,s?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hi all!

We are going to move to Auckland and we want to live in apartments (rent for the fist time and buy later). We are looking for something priced 250-300K (for buy). Is it possible to find a childcare in Auckland CBD? We have a two-years-old son .
    That are apartments in Auckland like? I have read that sound isolation is terrible and you can hear all your neighbours
    Also I have read that there are a lot of aggressive teenagers on central streets in the evening.

Kind regards,
    Vladimir.
    We spend some time in an apartment in auckland CBD when we first arrived in NZ, not too far from Queen St. We found it very quiet compared to UK cities and alot less teenagers hanging around than we were used to. Yes, there is noise...especially on friday and saturday nights but personally I didn't find it too offensive.

The problem you might encounter with a child is the lack of schooling. There were no pre-schools or Kindy's in CBD itself (although several private nurseries/child care centres, but quite expensive), but there are plenty in the immediate surrounding inner suburbs. Although to get to these may well require travelling in heavy congested rush hour traffic. Also there was only one primary school in CBD itself called Kadimah College, which is a private Jewish Primary School, although you don't have to be Jewiah to attend. Again there are plenty of schools in the inner suburbs, but you would have to travel and also might well be subject to waiting lists to get a place.

Not trying to disuade you, just something to consider.

theres a kindi at myers park top end of queen st, have a bit of a waiting list but when we looked into it it was around $200 per week for 1st child. last i read the bottom was falling out of the apartment market so theres lots about. but dont quote me on that, have a look at the old propperty sections on nz herald site that's had a lot about the apartment market in cbd recently with quite a few places failing to sell at auction so i would presume theres some bargains to be had out there. Although these may be some of the chicken coop apartments with not much space.

word of warning we lived in an apartment on queen st when we first got here, it was quite noisy even up on 15th floor, and wasnt ideal for us because of the kids (3 and 6) but theres a few nice parks about near CBD to take them so its not all bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast