Thread: What? More medicals after submitting them with ITA??

Default What? More medicals after submitting them with ITA??

I logged into the NZIS site to check the status of our PR application and found that they said this:

Health Certificate Details:
    Below is the status of your most recent Immigration Health Certificate:

Certificate Type Date Received Status: Received
    Full Medical 24 Sep 2009

When your health certificate status has expired, Immigration New Zealand will request another health certificate from you.

Note the bold which has gotten me worried--do we need to do it AGAIN after it has expired (which is 3 months, right?) I thought that once you had your medicals in with the residency application, that was it. Either I'm going crazy or their phrasing of this is very confusing.

You have three months after the medical to submit with the ITA. I think once it is submitted it is valid for either one or two years..someone will no doubt be along to clarify...but it is more than 3 months. Mine were done in January and I received PR in Sept, no additional medicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamee & Co View Post
    You have three months after the medical to submit with the ITA. I think once it is submitted it is valid for either one or two years..someone will no doubt be along to clarify...but it is more than 3 months. Mine were done in January and I received PR in Sept, no additional medicals.
    Thanks for this. I think it is strange, however, that they would put that clause in after I've already submitted my medicals with my ITA. That is definitely confusing.

As Mamee says above, you have 3 months to submit the medicals and then they remain valid (whilst being processed) for 2 years (so you have to hope it all gets processed within this time).

It should be noted though that your CO can ask for a new medical at any time (never heard of this actually occurring though).

Ian

Ian's right. My Medicals were submitted together with ITA last year (Oct'08) and whilest my OH's medicals are being reassesed by MA, CO has never asked for my medical report.

Cheers,

Default expiry of medical certificates

We will be applying under the sponsored parents stream.
    As we understand that it may well be two years before our application is looked at,surely they don't expect us to have new medicals every three months or so?

Quote Originally Posted by meadow View Post
    We will be applying under the sponsored parents stream.
    As we understand that it may well be two years before our application is looked at,surely they don't expect us to have new medicals every three months or so?
    They expect you to submit your medical within 3 months, not every 3 months.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by globetrecker View Post
    I logged into the NZIS site to check the status of our PR application and found that they said this:

Health Certificate Details:
    Below is the status of your most recent Immigration Health Certificate:

Certificate Type Date Received Status: Received
    Full Medical 24 Sep 2009

When your health certificate status has expired, Immigration New Zealand will request another health certificate from you.

Note the bold which has gotten me worried--do we need to do it AGAIN after it has expired (which is 3 months, right?) I thought that once you had your medicals in with the residency application, that was it. Either I'm going crazy or their phrasing of this is very confusing.
    I got the same thing today and just need to know hat does this mean? Help....