Thread: Relocating to Hamilton

Post Relocating to Hamilton

Hi All,

I wanted to ask if anyone could help, were looking to relocate from West Auckland to Hamilton with our 2 young children. Where wanting to buy our first home in Hamilton can anyone advise of the safe suburbs and schools in the area as well

Cheers
    SMags

Rototuna is nice, Fairfield and Melville avoid. Hopefully others will come with more information. I live in Cambridge but work in Hamilton.

When are you moving? We are Canadians moving to Hamilton in June and are trying to decide where we will live as well. My husband will be working at the Waikato Hospital on the south side of the city so I have been wanting to find a place with a more rural or gully outlook on the south side of the city. Have you been there looking at neighbourhoods yet and do you have any strong preferences so far? I have seen the comments about Melville and Fairfield but also heard Glenview is bad but I have seen some nice houses on Trade Me in those areas. My kids are 12, 9 and 6 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    Rototuna is nice, Fairfield and Melville avoid. Hopefully others will come with more information. I live in Cambridge but work in Hamilton.
    Hillcrest is another good area - specifically for good schools

You DO NOT want to live in Fairfield or Melville..trust me