Thread: Required Document for Rental

Default Required Document for Rental

Hi,

We will be moving to Christchurch soon as my husband managed to find a job there. He will be flying next month (March) and I will join him a few months later. Currently we are trying to look for accommodation and we would like to ask for suggestions on what are the documents required usually. We read in other threads that most of the owner will ask for reference letter from previous landlord, but for our case, we have never rented any property. We own the house that we are currently living in and before that, we live in each of our parents house.

Is there any other alternative to this? And also, what other documents are required?

Appreciate if anyone can advise on this.

Thank you

Hi,

Appreciate if there is any advice on this so I can prepare to get all the documents before I fly next month.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by yenthree View Post
    Hi,

Appreciate if there is any advice on this so I can prepare to get all the documents before I fly next month.

Thank you
    Your passport copy
    Residence via copy
    Bank Statements from NZ & SG.

We furnished only these while we managed to get a rental property even though we were overseas. Landlord/Agent was kind enough to let the property while we were overseas.
    You can probably use your neighbour's contact details as reference as the agent called up our previous landlord at Singapore to inquire about us.

Quote Originally Posted by nms.sun3 View Post
    Your passport copy
    Residence via copy
    Bank Statements from NZ & SG.

We furnished only these while we managed to get a rental property even though we were overseas. Landlord/Agent was kind enough to let the property while we were overseas.
    You can probably use your neighbour's contact details as reference as the agent called up our previous landlord at Singapore to inquire about us.
    Thanks for your reply nms.sun3

I will print out the bank statements from SG and NZ. I was just wondering on whether I need to prepare credit report as well.
    For reference, I am planning to put my friend's name who lives in Auckland and can vouch for us. For Singapore, I will talk to my neighbours to get their consent before giving their details to the agent or landlord.

Thanks again nms.sun3

Yen