Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZQA for Everyone?

Question NZQA for Everyone?

Does every single application/person with a degree, etc. have to have their qualifications assessed? I have a degree from a credited University, is that enough? If not, at what point do they ask for you to go through NZQA?

Quote Originally Posted by globetrecker View Post
    Does every single application/person with a degree, etc. have to have their qualifications assessed? I have a degree from a credited University, is that enough? If not, at what point do they ask for you to go through NZQA?
    Nope, not everyone has to do one. I did not because my degrees are from accredited universities. If you degree is, as you state, you do not have to do one. From what I understand, the NZQA is for folks whom earn their degrees from unaccredited institutions or some earn kind of certificates from a vocational or trade school type of setting. That is my understanding. I am not sure at what point the NZIS would ask for one but my guess would be when they do the preliminary checks on your submitted EOI. Not sure if you have gotten to that stage yet.

Hope this helps and good luck!

I believe BodaciousBean is correct. I didn't get my degree NZQA cerified. My degree is from a acredited institution and I just sent my transcripts and diploma. We were granted PR so I think it will be ok.

Scibby

Quote Originally Posted by Scibby View Post
    I believe BodaciousBean is correct. I didn't get my degree NZQA cerified. My degree is from a acredited institution and I just sent my transcripts and diploma. We were granted PR so I think it will be ok.

Scibby
    That is exactly what I am doing for my ITA! Transcripts and Diplomas.

Perfect! Just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the answers!

You are welcome and good luck!!

i believe that it gives you some points on the EOI if you DO get it assessed even if you don't need to .

I had to submit to the NZQA for my Associates of Applied Science. Still waiting.

If you get a degree while your EOI or ITA is being evaluated, would you have to reapply to the NZQA?

Really? That would be good to know if you do get extra points for having it assessed. I need all the points I can get if I can't get a job offer.

Thats not the case. If you are claiming bonus points in your EOI, your degree needs to be assessed regardless of approved university or not. If you donot claim bonus points and your degree is issued from an institution which is listed on NZQA as approved, you don'd need assessment.

Bonus points are mostly claimed for qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage list and in this case your degree needs to be assessed at Level 7 otherwise you dont get any bonus points.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast