Thread: Medical Assessor Review-Questions

Default Medical Assessor Review-Questions

Hi All,

I have submitted my ITA last wednesday in an Immigration branch in NZ by person. Today i have got an e-mail saying that my medicals has been referred to a medical assessor, even my wife has got the same e-mail(same application).

I have not even got Application Lodgement date in my login, so obviously no CO assigned yet but our medicals is referred to MA. is it anything to worry?

What do you guys think?

Any comments/views would be highly appreciated

Cheers

Sorry to hear about the hitch mate, I think there is some CO looking after your application right now and that's not updated on the website. Wait for the hardcopy of the letter (if you are not at the same address for correspondence, update that asap with INZ). Hoping its nothing major but this is one cycle which takes a lot of time, just be prepared mentally on the timeline.

What did the doctor say at your medicals? What did s/he mark on the form as abnormal, if anything?

we both have abnormal LFT results.. doctor has written as Exams normal.. but i think since he has ticked abnormal. it has gone to an MA

Also it seems like INZ will lodge the application these days only after medicals are cleared and all required docs are available.

i am in NZ and it is referred(hopefully) to someone within the city, any idea what the turn around time might be?

Also my wife's heart beat is 118 against 72, will this be an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by nzprasun View Post
    i am in NZ and it is referred(hopefully) to someone within the city, any idea what the turn around time might be?
    They don't give a set time, because there's no telling how many cases are in the queue ahead of yours, and there's no telling how many COs will need to have referred at the same time as yours. At least your case won't have had to travel by ordinary mail from some other country, which is what happens to people living abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by nzprasun View Post
    Also my wife's heart beat is 118 against 72, will this be an issue?
    Nobody here can speak for the MA, and what s/he sees as the whole picture in your file. However, according to most guidelines, this is within the normal range, if a bit high on the top figure. But heartbeats are extremely variable - if it had been taken five minutes sooner, or later, it would very likely have been different. And there's also the well-known 'white coat syndrome', meaning that people are automatically slightly stressed while being investigated by a doctor.

Thanks JandM