Thread: Pt. England?

Default Pt. England?

So, I've made it to NZ (finally!) but my OH is still enroute, a week delayed, because Iceland apparently wanted its ashes scattered across Europe.

I've been in Pt. England for a week now and really like the neighbourhood, love the park across the road, and the lovely view of the sea as well. But a random chat with a neighbour and she tells me her husband was just bashed up not far from here as he walked from the bus stop. A week before I arrived, a girl actually ran into the home I'm staying in for protection from being bashed up.

Was this just an unlucky string of violence or the norm? I've heard quite a few stories about how unsafe it is here, which is really unfortunate because I love it. Mind you, I'd prefer something closer to CBD but was willing to settle here although my mind is changing every day since.

Just wanted your thoughts on the area... any??

sorry not sure where pt. england is?

Quote Originally Posted by nickiware View Post
    sorry not sure where pt. england is?
    It's a suburb of Auckland, http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...22988&t=h&z=13

We'd be interested in knowing other people's experiences as well as have been considering this area too.

Just realised that after all this time, I have no idea how to most effectively post a link to an older thread!

Anyway. If you put 'Glen Innes' in the search function, or 'Point England', you will find a few posts on the subject, and actually a whole thread about Point England.

My first question to anyone considering the area would still be 'do you have school aged children?'.

Daniela

Quote Originally Posted by dharder View Post
    Just realised that after all this time, I have no idea how to most effectively post a link to an older thread!
    Copy the address of the thread from your browser then paste - not the most elegant solution but it works.

Is this the thread you were referring to?

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ght=glen+innes

I grew up around GI/Pt England late 60's/70's (Chilton Crescent of Elstree Av), and in over 30 years their has been no real change in the general area's appearance/upgrades, etc. Compare across the water towards more affluent Bucklands Beach/Pakuranga/Howick, where I also lived and more amenities/upgrades were done in a few years, than will ever happen in Pt. England. I think the last significant venue built was the tepid pools down the road - way back in 1969-71 (I was at opening as a child). But there is a bird type reserve if you want to stroll - further around the beach. Or drive past Glenbrae primary, then turn off right towards the estuary. Might be still present - perhaps check on Google maps.