Thread: Job Wanted

Default Job Wanted

Hi All, I am working as an Oracle Database Administrator with 4+ yrs of experience. I am yet to submit my EOI (holding 115 pts without job offer and without IELTS). Would really appreciate if someone let me know if there is any vacancy for my job profile. I tried to apply for some vacancies found in seek.co.nz, but I know I am not hearing from them due to me not being present in NZ. Is it that should I be submitting my EOI and make myself more qualified? Someone suggest me please.Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Karthee View Post
    Is it that should I be submitting my EOI and make myself more qualified? Someone suggest me please.Thanks in advance.
    From what I have experienced, submitting EOI doesn't make much difference to recruiters. At the end of the day, recruitment agencies try to sort out applications made locally, followed by overseas ones and I think that's where you are finding it difficult.

After a point some employers don't look at qualifications but emphasize on experience and in your case Oracle certifications will definitely help. Try registering directly with some employers like banking firms, telco operators etc - sometimes they do consider overseas applications but not every employer would want to wait till PR/Work visa is sorted out.

Thank you very much Sun777. Will surely follow your suggestions.

Look at HP Enterprise services in NZ for DBA jobs- I knew they were looking for DBA and DBA Managers few weeks back.