Thread: Recommendations for watching NFL/US Football in Wellington

Default Recommendations for watching NFL/US Football in Wellington

Is anyone planning to watch the NFL games this Monday, January 21 (Wellington Day)? And does anyone have a suggestion on where to watch the early game? My husband and I want to see the SF/Atlanta game, but it's at 9am - which is two hours before Four Kings and Chicago Sports Bar open. We don't have Sky TV yet, so we're relying on a bar, restaurant, or hotel to show it. We'd love to meet up with others for the games - especially Niners fans!

Allison

Quote Originally Posted by allison_sf View Post
    Is anyone planning to watch the NFL games this Monday, January 21 (Wellington Day)? And does anyone have a suggestion on where to watch the early game? My husband and I want to see the SF/Atlanta game, but it's at 9am - which is two hours before Four Kings and Chicago Sports Bar open. We don't have Sky TV yet, so we're relying on a bar, restaurant, or hotel to show it. We'd love to meet up with others for the games - especially Niners fans!

Allison
    Sorry, I'm not in Wellington. I have found it difficult to find bats that even have ESPN (it's not part of basic Sky for businesses).

If you have internet, NFL.com has thus far been streaming the playoffs for free. I'm not sure when/if they plan on charging.

Looks like this weekend's games are free (compliments of Visa).

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/schedule

Get a PS3 or jailbroken Apple TV 2 and watch in the comfort of your own home! (You supply the beer and seven layer dip!)

NHL GameCenter has an ATV app... Signed up, season opener Sunday at 1pm!

Thanks for the recommendations! I had no idea that NFL.com would broadcast it for free. (Maybe I should send a thank you card to Visa?!) I'll watch the Niners at home, and then head to a sports bar for the later game.

I should point out that it eats up a lot of bandwidth. On the default setting, I went through a gig in 15 minutes. The quality was fantastic, but if you are not unlimited, I would recommend turning it down a little. (There's an icon on the bottom of the screen, leftish side.)

Quote Originally Posted by allison_sf View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations! I had no idea that NFL.com would broadcast it for free. (Maybe I should send a thank you card to Visa?!) I'll watch the Niners at home, and then head to a sports bar for the later game.