Thread: Gf visitor visa declined

Default Gf visitor visa declined

Hi,

I am a NZ citizen, my gf is an Indian citizen with Australian student visa she came to Nz last year June on a visitor visa when i sponsored her, her visa was upto August for which we then applied an extension on the basis of me and her being in a relationship and wanted to spend more time together. This was whilst she was in NZ and it got approved within a weak. Her visa then expired on the 20th Dec so she flew back to India so she could reconnect with her family as well in hopes we will apply for another tourist visa so we could have enough evidence to then make an application for a partnership based work visa. This was declined on the 5th Jan with reasons that She is not a bonafied applicant, as she intends to stay in NZ long term which we clearly mentioned, another reason being; she doesn't have enough ties to return to her home country. They didn't even consider her for a limited visa, want to bring her here asap, please advice

Any help would be highly appreciated

were you living together June-December 2015? if so, did you provide evidence of that?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    were you living together June-December 2015? if so, did you provide evidence of that?

Hi,
    We applied under the general visitor visa category so only provided photos and letters.

well then given the information that was provided in the first application, its a quite reasonable decision that she is not a genuine tourist and intends to remain in NZ. If you are in a relationship, and have lived together, then you should provide information . Is she returning to Australia, or has she completed her studies there? You need to understand these applications are assessed under relevant criteria. For a tourist, that's a clear intention to return to home country. For a partner, that's the ability to demonstrate a genuine relationship, preferable with a period of having lived together already.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 9th January 2016 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    well then given the information that was provided in the first application, its a quite reasonable decision that she is not a genuine tourist and intends to remain in NZ. If you are in a relationship, and have lived together, then you should provide information . Is she returning to Australia, or has she completed her studies there? You need to understand these applications are assessed under relevant criteria. For a tourist, that's a clear intention to return to home country. For a partner, that's the ability to demonstrate a genuine relationship, preferable with a period of having lived together already.

Hi,
    She has an Australian student visa till March 2017 and due to resume her course in March this year, however we were considering the possibilities of her studying in NZ as well. So us applying a visa on the basis of me and her spending more time together to gather enough evidence of the genuineness and stability of our relationship not a possibility? What would you recommend us to do now after one application has been declined,
    Thanks for your prompt replies, real kind of you Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Noy View Post
    Hi,

I am a NZ citizen, my gf is an Indian citizen with Australian student visa she came to Nz last year June on a visitor visa when i sponsored her, her visa was upto August for which we then applied an extension on the basis of me and her being in a relationship and wanted to spend more time together. This was whilst she was in NZ and it got approved within a weak. Her visa then expired on the 20th Dec so she flew back to India so she could reconnect with her family as well in hopes we will apply for another tourist visa so we could have enough evidence to then make an application for a partnership based work visa. This was declined on the 5th Jan with reasons that She is not a bonafied applicant, as she intends to stay in NZ long term which we clearly mentioned, another reason being; she doesn't have enough ties to return to her home country. They didn't even consider her for a limited visa, want to bring her here asap, please advice

Any help would be highly appreciated
    So she was granted a visitor visa from Australia with you as a sponsor but was declined a visitor visa in India? Did you sponsor her for the visitor visa she applied for in India?

I have been in a similar situation, I meet my gf online, and after spending 3 weeks with her In her country, we applied for a visitor visa for her to join me in NZ so we could live together and therefor meet the requirements for a partnership based work visa. We provided a four page letter saying everything about how we meet online and how our relationship developed and provided A LOT of evidence to support our evidence, such as, a sample of our online conversations, our 3 week tenancy agreement for the apartment where we lived together in her country, photos of us together, receipts for the flowers I sent her, and finally supporting letters from friends and family. We also stated in the cover letter that it was our intention to apply for a partnership based work visa after we had lived together for three months.

Her visitor visa was declined as we had only spent 3 weeks together and they were not satisfied our relationship was secure, and after seeing our relationship was not (in their eyes) secure, they look at her ties to her country, which she did not have many except friends and family, but she was granted a limited visa as an alternative.

We are worried that she has to go home to apply for her next visa (partnership based visa) as if the partnership evidence is not good enough our only other option would be a visitor visa, but with a visitor visa there is the obvious complication of having the intention to return home and supplying evidence of ties to your home country which we could not do, but from what I have seen and herd, this can be granted as an exception to instructions if there is a strong physical or emotion tie to the country of intended visit, in our case, we are hoping that if our partnership evidence is not good enough they will understand that I (the NZ citizen) would be considered the strong emotional tie for my partner to return on a visitor visa, plus with a history of immigration compliance this should also help, although I understand a history of NZ immigration compliance has not helped your partner? do you bring this up with your CO?

Have you thought about talking to an immigration advisor?