Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is the life!

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Default This is the life!

So the weather in Wellington is just GORGEOUS right now. So last night I got home from work, packed the dog and hubby into the car, drove 5 mins to get to Lyall Bay and walked on the beach and went body boarding. After work. On a school night. And the water wasn't even cold.

Sometimes I wonder why the hell we moved here.

Nicely does it!

so jealous!

Ooh, you rotten thing - ! I'm prowling around in jumpers in an English February. After a 2-month NZ holiday, we got back last Sunday. :-(

(Mind you, dear old England - there are nice things about it, even so.)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Ooh, you rotten thing - ! I'm prowling around in jumpers in an English February. After a 2-month NZ holiday, we got back last Sunday. :-(

(Mind you, dear old England - there are nice things about it, even so.)
    But you might be able to do ice skating or playing ice hockey outdoors!

-33 this morning, so little envious ..... then again I'll be down there on sunday so leave some of the good stuff will ya??

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    But you might be able to do ice skating or playing ice hockey outdoors!
    No - the temperature range in this region is currently between 2 and 9 degrees C, with scattered showers and 94 per cent humidity, so it feels chill and dank. But, looking on the bright side, there is some warmth in the sun when it manages to come through, there are bulbs coming up in the garden, and lots of the trees and bushes are showing some bud. With all these signs of spring about, I wouldn't be complaining if I hadn't just come from high summer!

Hi Manks

I think that is the bit I love...being able to paddle in an evening in the sea after work, wandering on the beach....it really does make you miss winter nights, listening to rain batter against the windows, and going out into a howling gale which bites right through you. I really really feel homesick........

Guy at work took the kayak out this morning before work, and was in at 8am with 2 snapper and some other fish in the fridge ready fot tea tonight. Most of this week we've nipped home and jumped straight in the pool for a while to chill out after work, although today was dragon boat squad training ready for the first regatta a week on Saturday.

We know exactly how you feel, Jand M. We arrived home in NE Lancs last Friday after 5 months in NZ. Temperature here currently a damp, grey 3 degrees after a week of 30 degrees in Napier!
    Unfortunately plans to extend our visa until June didn't work out but at least we lodged our PR application last September so next time will hopefully be a one way trip. Fingers crossed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast