Thread: Telephone interview- residency visa application

Default Telephone interview- residency visa application

I have been applying for a residence class visa under the Skilled Migrant Instructions and just submitted all the documents asked to provide by my case officer.
    The documents are pay slips, bank statement, IRD record (from me) and GST return, employer monthly schedule and my time and pay sheet (from my employer).

My question is

Has anybody received a phone call from INZ asking about a few question about the application after submitting all the documents to case officer and if so, what kind of questions did a case officer ask you?

Your information would be greatly valued and appreciated!

It is normal for many people to have to speak to INZ about their work, either on the phone, or sometimes in person (rare), if the CO wants to come to the workplace. The CO has to check that your responsibilities at work match up to the job description given of your career at ANZSCO. So if you look up your ANZSCO page, you should be prepared to explain what you do in practice, to match with each line of the list of tasks given there.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It is normal for many people to have to speak to INZ about their work, either on the phone, or sometimes in person (rare), if the CO wants to come to the workplace. The CO has to check that your responsibilities at work match up to the job description given of your career at ANZSCO. So if you look up your ANZSCO page, you should be prepared to explain what you do in practice, to match with each line of the list of tasks given there.
    Thank you JandM again for your contribution to my post. I have spoken to several recent migrants who have successfully secured their residency visa of late and all of them said that they got a phone call before beign asked for further information as to their employment. Now that I have finally submitted all the documents, I was naively with assumption that no telephone call should be anticipated at this stage. Thank you I will be well prepared to a possible telephone interview!