Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL/American Football/MLB: Where to watch in NZ

Default NFL/American Football/MLB: Where to watch in NZ

Hello-

I am traveling to NZ on a WHP Visa for several months. I searched the forum but could not find info on where I can watch American Sports. I will be in Wellington, does anyone know if there are bars where I can catch football or baseball games?? Thanks very much!

ZenBane

I am afraid there is not much channel to show NFL here in NZ. I got picked on all the time about the American football thing. Sadly...but a fact! hehehe
    I usually just follow the nfl.com website about it...not much seeing...sorry not helping much.

I know of a couple of people who use Slingbox to watch US sports, just in case you can't find a Wellington bar.

ESPN channel shows a fair bit of MLB and other strange sports from the USA....
    it's no 34 with Telstraclear

The only place to watch is ESPN on Sky. Plenty of MLB for you if that's your cup of tea. They also show College AF...........boring!!!!

Kim

Thanks for the info, I'll let you know if I come across any other suggestions.

And if you dont have SKY, you could try going to a sports bar to watch it. Since the sports are at odd hours, you should have no trouble getting a bar to tune into the game for you.

With baseball you could watch it online, however it is bandwith intensive and if you have restrictions, it could be expensive. I would recommend listening online. Football is still not streamed online in any form (legally).

For nfl:
    http://www.nfl.com/gamepass

mlb:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions...BMENUBANNERNAV

also check the abc, nbc websites, Shaun

If you don't have Sky, you could go to this american sports bar in Wellington.
    http://www.chicago.co.nz/

Quote Originally Posted by Kim39 View Post
    The only place to watch is ESPN on Sky. Plenty of MLB for you if that's your cup of tea. They also show College AF...........boring!!!!

Kim
    Borring?! To each their own my friend. American Football games attract over 100,000 each weekend in some stadiums. Personally, I plan on using the NFL gamepass online on my laptop with a DVI output to a HDTV. You can also do this with ESPN Gameplan (college football) and CBS XL (more college football)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast