Thread: No Immigration medical

Default No Immigration medical

Hey everyone

I am in a bit of a situation. I have been offered a role in a supermarket in Hamilton and i have accepted the role. They have advertised the role with work and income although I am not sure if work and income is still operating especially in this field because even if they are how would they get someone to come in for an interview as we are in lockdown?
    Next problem is, my immigration medical expired on 9 March, 2020. I called medical centre but they said they are not doing immiration medical during the lockdown. If i apply for visa without current valid medical, they probably would not even accept my application.
    My current visa is still valid till 1 march, 2021 so this post has nothing to do with that.
    Can someone please help
    Thanks

INZ has said that "we are required to close our onshore visa processing offices. This significantly reduces our ability to operate, so we are only able to process a small number of priority applications." Given that you can't get a medical, or an SMR (if required), and that INZ won't even start processing your application until after the lock-down finishes, I can't see how you will be able to accept the job offer.

As per the message received from INZ General Manager last night:

If you cannot provide information required by the online form, such as a new medical certificate, upload an explanation instead to complete your application.

So you can lodge an online application without a medical, but it's possible that INZ won't look at it until after lockdown. Then again, jobs in supermarkets may be regarded as essential workers so it may be that they will triage your application and process it with the staff they apparently have working from home (some LIA's have been told different things, INZ haven't confirmed that this is the case).