Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way to clean fly poop off ceiling?

Quote Originally Posted by Gran View Post
    Deff. screens, we came here via Aussie so screens were a must. you dont seem to be able to get just fly screen doors, so we have had to install a security screen door on the front and also between the house and garage it all seems to work very well. I used to use the plug in mosquito gadget which worked pretty well in the bedroom before we were fully screened.
    Most of my windows are screened but not the doors. I got a quote from a place that has vertical rollaways for the French doors and a fixed panel for the sliding door. $800 for the rollaway and a couple of hundred for the fixed panel.

Getting back to the original problem, cleaning the ceiling. A squegee floor mop using sugar soap or Handee Andy would probably make a good job because you will probably find if you start on a spot the whole ceiling will want washing.
    We found these people reasonable for screens etc. not sure if they operate in Northland.
    http://www.homeplus.co.nz/security-insect-screens/
    Last edited by Gran; 9th April 2013 at 09:27 AM.

I use a portable pocket steam cleaner. No chemical, just steam.

Getting back to the original problem. In the Christchurch area, just wait a few weeks and then sweep it up with the rest of the ceiling :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mylesdw View Post
    Getting back to the original problem. In the Christchurch area, just wait a few weeks and then sweep it up with the rest of the ceiling :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12