Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Deliveries to New Zealand

Default Amazon Deliveries to New Zealand

I've seen a few posts from people who order stuff from Amazon or the Book Depository. How long does it take to reach you in New Zealand after you've ordered it?

Ordered from www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk and few other online retailers around the world with delivery taking on average only a couple of days to a week longer.

Hi,

I'm using bookdepository for books and it takes 5-7 working days to deliver (btw if you are going to buy books check out the http://www.librarist.com/nz/ for price comparison - and you could also see the expected timeframe there for different shops).

I've not much experience with Amazon.com as the delivery to NZ is quite steep and I use Shipito (http://shipito.co.nz/) for mail forwarding where you have multiple options regarding price/time.

I have used Amazon, book depositry, m 7 S and next all arrive by the 7 day business mark. I have also ordered fragrance from Strawberry.net in US this is here in days

This may sound silly but do you still use your own account from amazon from UK or do you set up a new one in NZ??

I just set up a new account and paid from my UK bank account. For book depository I just use either a NZ or UK debit card, I just change the currency, depending on how I want to pay. Very simple.

Having said that I only used amazon uk when there was free postage. I just use the library, which is fine, because I live in Wellington so can access a large range of books.

Are there restrictions on the type of items I can order from Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by Living Life View Post
    ...still use your own account from amazon from UK or do you set up a new one in NZ...
    Still use my original accounts, for both UK and US versions of Amazon. Just changed the delivery address.

Quote Originally Posted by rogercruse View Post
    Still use my original accounts, for both UK and US versions of Amazon. Just changed the delivery address.
    Ditto! As we are now home education our kids we find we order loads of stuff from both Amazon UK and US, plus the Book Depository. Most things arrive within a couple of days of the estimated delivery address, but occasionally something will arrive within 24 hours and a few things have gone walkies and arrived 3 months later, by which time Amazon have usually sent us a replacement. This usually happens around Christmas time, but Amazon always replace stuff if it goes missing in transit.

Brillliant - thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast