Thread: uk tv to nz will it work ?

Default uk tv to nz will it work ?

does anyone know if a uk tv will work in nz. it seems that the prices for electrical items are expensive to buy in nz. So I am hoping that that there wont be a problem. Someone mentioned to me band width etc but being a complete techanphobe really havnt got the foggiest

Tele will be fine, might have to get a freeview box when you get there as any inbuilt UK freeview might not work.

Thanks for that

Uk tv will receive but an NZ freeview box is needed, or an NZ Sky connection. It is worth shipping your UK tv to NZ as they are more expensive here, even with the nz freeview top box. A Uk freeview does not work.

I wouldn't agree actually; NZ TV Prices are very competitive compared to the UK (they were at christmas), plus you can negotiate in most shops, and you're warranty will be honoured here, whereas it won't if brought from overseas.

If it's a cheap TV may as well start afresh; if it's a very expensive, smart TV, half the functions won't work in NZ anyway, so you may as well cut your losses.

i second this i think tvs are actually very competative i read all the post before coming here thinking they would be expensive but no very competative! eg sony bravia 32" $599.00 or 32" veon at the warehouse for 299.00
    Quote Originally Posted by edw123 View Post
    I wouldn't agree actually; NZ TV Prices are very competitive compared to the UK (they were at christmas), plus you can negotiate in most shops, and you're warranty will be honoured here, whereas it won't if brought from overseas.

If it's a cheap TV may as well start afresh; if it's a very expensive, smart TV, half the functions won't work in NZ anyway, so you may as well cut your losses.