Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tassimo

Default Tassimo

Here's a random question - has anyone imported tassimo coffee capsules into NZ? I know they're not available there but I'm holding out hope that if I bring my machine, one day they will come. In the meantime, I was thinking of stocking my container with coffee. Does it count as "food"? I could see them allowing the espresso without too much trouble, but what about the latte discs?

We have both Nespresso and Dolce Gusto machines but only just recently Dolce Gusto is available in NZ whereas Nespresso is widely available for a very long while already. It is very unlikely Tassimo is going to be available (I won't hold my breathe there) as NZ is a very small market with a small potential. Even for the Dolce, only restricted flavours are found and not the full 32-flavour range.

If Tassimo can be found in Australia, you may be able to buy it and have it shipped over. However shipping charges might be high or you might be further charged with GST. There were some cases where GST was charged to some people in the forum while some others got away with it.

As Tassimo (coffee) being a 'food item' you need to declare it with customs.

Can't help you at all with that, but there is great freshly ground coffee available, particularly in Wellington! You can even grind the beans yourself at some supermarkets. Fresh as.

Yes, but the espresso machine and I never got along. I never thought I was the coffee capsule type, but once you get used to it (and they're getting to be very common in Europe now), it's hard to go back....I think I'll just have to learn how to refill the capsules with fresh ground coffee. I'm sure Youtube will help.

Quote Originally Posted by parpalhou View Post
    Yes, but the espresso machine and I never got along. I never thought I was the coffee capsule type, but once you get used to it (and they're getting to be very common in Europe now), it's hard to go back....I think I'll just have to learn how to refill the capsules with fresh ground coffee. I'm sure Youtube will help.
    I'm glad I saw this thread...but sad that I'll be leaving my Tassimo behind here in München. I won't part with my tiny espresso cooker, though, that I can use even with a Bunsen burner!

Quote Originally Posted by PollyLeritae View Post
    I'm glad I saw this thread...but sad that I'll be leaving my Tassimo behind here in München. I won't part with my tiny espresso cooker, though, that I can use even with a Bunsen burner!
    Yes, I will have to dig mine out as well. But I will still need to get a milk foamer!

I highly recommend the Aero Press for making coffee. I used to use a Tassimo & Keurig machines but then I found this and it's just as easy but I can control the strength and the cost per cup is much cheaper. One of my biggest complaints for all of those coffee machines is the price of the coffee pods at anywhere from 75c for Keurig to $1.10 for Tassimo and Nespresso which is delicious at around $1.30. With the Aero Press you buy your own coffee, grind it and then make what you want with very little waste.

Here is the link: http://aerobie.com/products/aeropress.htm It's available on Amazon for $25.99 USD and you won't regret it. Just make sure you order an extra pack or two of filters. They have a permanent metal filter available but I'm not as big of fan but it does work.

I also grind my own coffee right before I make a cup. A burr grinder is by the best grinder and this is the one I use: http://www.amazon.com/Hario-Ceramic-...ywords=mxr-2tb I really like Hario grinders. They work great and are fairly inexpensive. I prefer hand crank grinders because I think machine grinders burn the beans and bring out too much acidity.

I buy my coffee from Kauai Coffee Company (also on Amazon). I think they have some of the best coffee around and it tastes excellent in the Aero Press: http://kauaicoffee.com/our-hawaiian-coffees/

I had a Tassimo machine which I brought over in 2008 I tried many ways to get companies to send disks to NZ to no avail, things however may have changed having lived in wellington and Auckland I have become a coffee snob and to be honest do not miss it coffee is big here and takeaway is the norm if you make at home most people have their own machines, disc machines are relatively new compared to UK market so just taking off. In my opinion you can not beat a cappacino on the go during the week or a lesuirley brekkie and cooff at the weekend!

Interested in this as without thinking I just bought a Tassimo machine from a friend to replace my enormous and underused filter machine. Never even occurred to me I wouldn't be able to get the pods over there when we go. Did a super quick google search and found this website though: http://www.fishpond.co.uk/c/Kitchen/...print=1&page=1 No matter, it on'y cost me £20 with 16 large Costa pods, so if I end up using it until January and then ditching it, it's no biggy

Any change on this? I've never really been a coffee drinker, but I'm using my wife's Tassimo more than she is. Not too keen on importing discs, as it costs double (UK £25, NZ £50).

Good news for Dad though, as he'll be inheriting it! And thanks DMS for a simple solution, assuming there are still no on-shore Tassimo vendors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast