Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skilled Migrant Visa - Approved in Principle

Default Skilled Migrant Visa - Approved in Principle

I received an email as stated below:
    I am pleased to tell you that your application for a resident visa - Skilled Migrant has been approved in principle. Your resident visa will be granted subject to you having met the requirements set out in this letter.

Please let me know, what is mean be this?
    - Have I received the Blanket Approval for Resident or
    - Received the Approval with some conditions?

Please clarify?

Congratulations!

This means that your case has been investigated and you have been found to meet all the requirements for approval. (Approved in Principle.) As long as you now follow the instructions you have been sent, and send your passport in to have the label stuck in, you will get Residence. (If you didn't do that, you wouldn't get it.)

Hi sankarl can you please share your timeline and branch please?

wow congrat didnt know InZ also work during weekend XD

Hello Jessi,
    I applied my EOI on Feb 2016 and Received the Approval in Principle by Nov 2016. London Branch.
    Last edited by sankarl; 27th November 2016 at 10:52 AM.

Hello JandM,

Thank you for your reply. Am happy.
    The only instruction mentioned was to send my passport to stick the label and I have shipped it.

Will there be any expiry date for the Resident Visa or is it Indefinite?

When your passport comes back, on the visa label you will see a date in a year's time by which the visa MUST be activated, by being presented at Immigration at the airport when you arrive in NZ. (If you don't do that, the visa will lapse.) Once you are in NZ on a Residence visa, it lasts for ever, but there are two years' travel conditions with it which allow you to leave the country and return as often as you like within that two years. If you are outside NZ when the travel conditions run out after two years, you don't have permission to go back in, so you need to think ahead and make sure that by that time, you have qualified for Permanent Residence (or a variation of travel conditions) - details here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Congratulations!

This means that your case has been investigated and you have been found to meet all the requirements for approval. (Approved in Principle.) As long as you now follow the instructions you have been sent, and send your passport in to have the label stuck in, you will get Residence. (If you didn't do that, you wouldn't get it.)
    In my case, they requested an "Insurance Letter" and the payment fee for the ESOL Training for my wife. The question is: What would be this "Insurance Letter"??? I hold a search work visa till April/2018 (when I applied for my post work visa (finished level 7), my current job supported me, so instead of getting 1 year, I got 2 years work visa)... should I have any kind of Insurance???

I don't know the answer to that one. Has anyone else had this "insurance letter" required, who can tell us what it is? (If you don't get a reply here, ask INZ themselves.)

Approximately what is the turnaround time to stick the Visa in the Passport? - Branch: London.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast