Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: school hours ??

Default school hours ??

ANy ideas what the hours are for schools in NZ ??

SHaron

Hi Sharon. Varies for our three kids, all finish at 3.00pm, start between 8.40am and 9.00am.

Actually, registration times are 8.20 (college, i.e. high school), 8.40 (intermediate school) and 9.00 for the primary! Most kids seem to get there well before registration. At primary, they can play outside in the yard (unsupervised, so tends to be the older ones) until 8.30 when the bell for going inside goes. However, they don't have to be in till 9.00. As you might guess from the registration times for our older two, our youngest gets there about 8.30.

Gil

My daughter has registration at 8.45 and finishes at 3.15 [High school] .

My other two can be left from about 8.20 [with adult supervision in a certain area of the playground ] and finish at 3 pm.[primary and Intermediate]

Marie x

Hey Sharon,

Seems its different all round, my 16yr daughter goes to the local high school here in Havelock, her day starts at 8.45am and finishes at 3.20pm
    Moira,

Our 2 girls aged 9 and 11yrs start at 9am and finish at 2.50pm!! hardly worth going!!! So the bus picks them up at our gate at 8.20am and drops them off about 3.05'ish.

Default School Bus

What is the ruling on school buses, is it like Uk where you get free over a set distance? Is there a bus service over a wide area?

The government provide subsidies for schools buses in some areas and for some routes, so it will depend a little on the area you live and which school your students go to.
    From what I have seen school buses are typically used for transporting students Government High Schools and some private schools.

Forgot to mention that he is nearly 5 !
    Sorry but thanks all for you help

Sharon

The girls have the school bus as we are rural, even though the school is only 5 mins away by car! The bus takes alot longer picking everyone up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast