Thread: UK Police Check Took Less Than 3 Weeks

Default UK Police Check Took Less Than 3 Weeks

I just got back my UK police check. They received my paperwork on Jan 26 and mailed the results on Feb 9. I didn't specify how rapidly I needed the reply from them, but they still turned it around very fast.

Just thought others might want to know how long the UK police check is taking right now.

We need a quicker time span than that otherwise we'll be here illegally Our original visa runs out tomorrow, but as wife has supposedly been given WTR we thought all was good until today that is, when after a phone call we were told "sorry but we need new police checks done" We have been told we are ok to stay but won't be able to work. Well thats no good to us as we have to earn, and i'm sure wife's employer won't be too happy her disappearing for a month.

Just waiting to hear from case officer what the next step is, but seeing they ain't quick over here no matter what the circumstances are i have the feeling that our NZ employment will come to a brief stop after tomorrow, along with our daughters education.

Kim

No way Kim, that's really bad news. Let me know if we can be any help. Hope it gets sorted.

All is good. Immigration are issuing temp visa's to cover us until the police checks come through.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Kim39 View Post
    We need a quicker time span than that otherwise we'll be here illegally Our original visa runs out tomorrow, but as wife has supposedly been given WTR we thought all was good until today that is, when after a phone call we were told "sorry but we need new police checks done" We have been told we are ok to stay but won't be able to work. Well thats no good to us as we have to earn, and i'm sure wife's employer won't be too happy her disappearing for a month.

Just waiting to hear from case officer what the next step is, but seeing they ain't quick over here no matter what the circumstances are i have the feeling that our NZ employment will come to a brief stop after tomorrow, along with our daughters education.

Kim

This is getting more and more stupid Kim..........

Why would NZIS want new British police checks when you haven't lived in the UK since NZIS accepted your first police checks - or is that a silly question ??

Anyway, you've come this far Mate.....

Julie

xx

Quote Originally Posted by Kim39 View Post
    All is good. Immigration are issuing temp visa's to cover us until the police checks come through.

Kim

Yay !!!!!

Note to self - learn to type quicker or read posts faster !!

Julie

xx
    Last edited by zardell; 13th February 2007 at 04:14 PM.

Hey Kim - good job they don't know about that package I brought back from the UK for you eh?

Good to know all has turned around OK.

Diny

Quote Originally Posted by zardell View Post
    This is getting more and more stupid Kim..........

Why would NZIS want new British police checks when you haven't lived in the UK since NZIS accepted your first police checks - or is that a silly question ??

Anyway, you've come this far Mate........

Julie

xx
    Have to agree with you Jules that as each day has passed since November when this application went in is unreal. One minute they say yes to WTR, then no, then yes again, and now because Elaine is the principal applicant they want a police record of her, which i may add isn't even out of date Me thinks that they are just trying their hardest to cover up a mighty balls up.

Hmmm. Could be on to something there Diny. Maybe they are closing in on me eh

Kim

Glad to hear your minor crisis was sorted Kim,it seems sometimes like you feel youre finally organised and there is always just one more hoop to jump through!

Anyway, I was writing to second what sfordjasiri said. I also applied for and received my police check very quickly, I received it on 8th February having sent my form off approximately 2 weeks before. So if anyone needs their police check doing, now seems to be a good time.

Anna