Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Immigration Group"

Question "The Immigration Group"

Hi,

Has anyone in the UK used "The Immigration Group" ?

What was your experience...

Before I found this forum and whilst I was still a bit 'green' with the Skilled Migrant immigration process, I rang the Immigration Group for some general advice as we had been chatting to one of their reps at a Manchester Expo.

They seemed to be pretty genuine to me.

They told me that because I had filled in the on-line EOI and confirmed that I had the number of points required to be selected from the pool, what the heck did I need them for ??

Pretty sound advice if you ask me.........LOL

Julie

xx

Dozzer save your hard earned cash and go DIY. Unsure how many folk on this forum have used companys like these, but all those guys are after is your wad of cash that you will wave in front of their little snouts. They'll promise the earth and give less in return. We spent a day at an expo a few years ago and were told catagorically by the emigration group that we stood no chance of getting to NZ with the job i have. Well isn't that a joke and a half cos i am writing this from Te Awamutu on the North Island.

Guess who were the losers

Kim

Just a little question...

Why would you want to use 'The Immigration Group'?

Although the immigration process can possibly be a little ponderous - these companies only use the information that you give them to process your application and they charge you a lot of money for the privilege .. save your money - go DIY!!

Dawn

Yeah, it is expensive enough without lining some "suits" pockets with thousands more. They only read from a script, the same script you can read online at the NZIS website. And as Nic says, they are using the information that YOU provide.

Save your money - go it alone.

Good luck.

Steve - off in 24 days, without the emigration groups help!!

Well.. my options are limited..

I don't have enough points without a job offer .. :-(

The immigration group could also help with a job offer - from my experiences so far, companies are not interested unless 1. you are already in NZ and 2. you have a work pertmit and/or residency.

rock and hard place springs to mind...

Can I ask - what field are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by willowshouse View Post
    Can I ask - what field are you in?
    I've worked in IT for the last 12 years or so as a systems admin.

Without knowing the lengths you have gone to to find a job already .. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn -

Put yourself in your prospective employer's shoes .. is is better to offer employment to someone who has employed an agency to get them a job or someone who has gone to great lengths to find themseves a job .. I would think there is not too much to choose between them. The only thing this company (TIG) have that you don't .. is the confidence to think they can get you a job. They have no magic wand to wave - all they will do is reassure any employer that the necessary paperwork will be through swiftly, and you are perfectly able to do this too.

Almost every company who advertises their vacancies will specify that they need someone who has a work permit/residency .. but if they can't find someone in that position will they refuse to consider someone who COULD have a work permit within a few weeks if they offer them a job?

Have a search through the posts on this forum - plenty of people have looked for and found employment whilst still in the UK. You have to sell yourself and your position. Eg, "You have completed your application form for PR and are waiting to submit it along with a job offer which should ensure that you have Residency status within approximately 4 weeks" Or .. "you have made numerous enquiries and would be able to secure a Work permit and take up employment within x number of weeks from receiving a job offer".

I have no fight with immigration companies but there is a tendency (in far more than just this area) for to people to think - pay them and then it's easy .. which I'm not sure is true. Your best advocate is yourself... nobody else has as much as stake, and will try as hard.

I wish you the very best of luck with your search.

Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Dozzer View Post
    The immigration group could also help with a job offer - from my experiences so far, companies are not interested unless 1. you are already in NZ and 2. you have a work pertmit and/or residency.
    An immigration agency cannot guarantee you a job offer; if any agency does so, I would run like hell, because they are likely not on the up-and-up.

In general, immigration agents have no more influence with employers in NZ than you do.

If you were able to get a job offer through an immigration agency, chances are about 99% that you would have been able to do so on your own. For certain jobs and skills, companies will be willing to talk to you even if you don't have PR or WTR; if they're not, they won't be willing to talk to an agency about you, either.

In IT, your chances are better than average. Can you arrange for a reccy trip? Book your flights 1-2 months ahead of time, then send out your cover letter and CV (adjusted first to NZ standards -- and this is not a trivial undertaking) to prospective companies telling them specifically what dates you will be arriving in and departing from NZ, and asking for an interview.

Be cautious about sending your CV to multiple recruiters, who will pull job postings from company sites and advertise them on job sites so that they can claim a "finder's fee" from the employer. You can't control to which companies they send your CV. You are best off hitting all the possible companies with your CV, then working with one good NZ recruiting agency if you get no response to your own submissions.

Good Luck!

Jo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast