Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telecom Vs Vodafone

Question Telecom Vs Vodafone

I feel a bit silly in that I should know this considering I have been over here for 3+ years, but only thought of it this morning and was hoping you lovely forumites may provide me with the answer
    I am currently on Telecom network and am forever having problems texting UK mobiles (half the time my text is not received the other end even though my mobile says it has been sent ?!?)
    Also when I bought my latest phone I was told by the dealer I would be unable to pxt to UK as NZ, did not, at that time have the technology to do it (something like that anyway?) I did try a few times regardless and true to form it did not go through !
    Would I have more luck with Vodafone ? Or is it the same story whatever network you're on ?

Cheers

Jo

Woo hoo ! Just became a Junior Member lol

Vodafone network will (or should!) get you through. I think it is down to some of Telecom's equipment not being compatible with the GSM network.

And congrats on the junior membership LOL

Check this thread too.

Thanks Jess for that
    I was just looking on the Index and noticed you viewing that thread so had a butchers at it - Looks like I'm gonna be going with Vodafone !!
    (I cant believe I have been praising the merits of my Telecom $10 txt to my Other "Vodafone user" Half for the last 2 years ! Looks like I'll be eating my words now) haha

Jo

And thankyou Stevie D ~!

We've been here almost all of 2 weeks now, and both got Vodafone sim cards, which worked absolutely perfectly in our UK mobile.

On their PAYG plan they have a "motormouth" tarriff which costs 49c per min to call the UK and 30c per text. I'm quite happy with that considering the distance too.

Messages get through straight away and calls are connected fine too.

Keith & Debby

Firstly, Im with vodafone on contract and have no problems at all txting the UK. 30c a txt is a lot though, I pay 17c to txt the UK

Quote Originally Posted by wilson182 View Post
    Firstly, Im with vodafone on contract and have no problems at all txting the UK. 30c a txt is a lot though, I pay 17c to txt the UK
    Hi How much is it for the contract - we got Vodafone payasyougo, and have no prob txting, I have to sort out the settings for Pics but it should work.

I couldnt get through at new year - but it was the same in the UK at that time!

Jord bought the cheapest Telecom nokia for txting his mates on Telecom, but most of his mates were jealous of his Sony E camera/walkman phone!

I still laugh at some of the ringtones the guys at work have (bird sounds:con)

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by britchik View Post
    Woo hoo ! Just became a Junior Member lol
    Well, it sure took you long enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast