Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Thread: can we live on these wages

So, comming back to the original question :- can we live on these wages..

1) What is your definition of 'live' is it maintain a materialistic or non-materialistic lifestyle or just exist.....

2) Is it a comparision of transplanting your current lifestyle into a new culture and environment only to reap additional benefits?

3) Is it about a life change, e.g. sacrificing one thing for something else that may make your sole more happy?

So, what is important to one person may mean totally something else to another?

I think what we can all agree on is that there is a motivation for comming to NZ, what ever that is. Also, for some, if not all, this means a compromise, one opportunity versus another.

Better to do that with open eyes and managed expectations, rather than rose coloured spectacles.

In life, like most things, there are no silver bullets.

Ultimately, a question of personal choice to be somewhere and accept it for what it really is - and we are lucky to have that opportunity.

So, is the question, can you afford to just exist, live your current lifestyle, or find a better one than the one you have now.

It is tough, but sometimes there is only one way to find out - try it.
    Last edited by Rabbit; 9th June 2007 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    So, comming back to the original question :- can we live on these wages..

It is tough, but sometimes there is only one way to find out - try it.
    Been there and done it at less than $42K with four of us. We did and still managed it. To be honest, my OH and I prefer our life in NZ with low wages (still then, would be like to have more pay) rather than in UK with better pay.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415