Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NZQA Full Assessment??

Default NZQA Full Assessment??

We know our application form was received on the 12th February and the money has been taken from our account, but I have received absolutely nothing (email or otherwise) to confirm they are dealing with it, or processing it etc.

When you applied did you receive any notification from them before they finish the assessment?

Thanks.

Hi
    No we didnt receive anything and it said on the paperwork we filled in not to ring them but we got fed up and rang them anyway and they were very good . they told me one of the colleges had not replied and they had had to keep contacting them and chasing them for info hence the delay.I,m sure they told me by e mail too when they finally got the info and a few days later i got a folder from them with all the goodies in. Your probably having the same problem someone in the country you did your studies not answering quick enough
    Cheers Cardy

Hey Twig,

We had a very similar experience to Cardy. The process took a little over 2 months to complete. You will find that NZQA agents can discuss what is holding back your application, but they will not tell you the final assessment over the phone.

Cheers,

Mark.

Ours went off last week and the tracker from the Royal Maill web site says it is in the care of the NZ mail system but I am not expecting anything for at least a month. If it gets towards the end of March and I haven't heard anything I may phone or e mail

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny & Mark View Post
    Hey Twig,

We had a very similar experience to Cardy. The process took a little over 2 months to complete. You will find that NZQA agents can discuss what is holding back your application, but they will not tell you the final assessment over the phone.

Cheers,

Mark.
    Thanks Mark, I've heard from a couple of other people it could take about 3 months, so I don't think I should start panicking just yet.

I have emailed them but have not received a reply as yet.

This forum must be full of very patient people

Dealing with NZQA was by far the most frustrating aspect of the whole emigration process.

The NZQA office has little concept of time or urgency. If qualifications need to be verified (just pray that they don't) they send a message to the institution who issued the qualification and then sit back and wait for the reply. If the request for verification is misdirected or gets stuck in the bottom of someone's in-tray then NOTHING happens until months later when NZQA sends a reminder to the institution. In the meantime you are not allowed to do anything to chase things up. AAAGGHH!!!

to make things worse we had to pay £10 to the university for then to send us a course transcript. They then replied that they had no transcripts as it was too long since the course. We have sent of our application to NZQA who will probably contact uni and they will ask for £10 again in order to confirm that we attended, all part of the data protection act.

Agreed. I've never felt so impotent in the face of mindless bureaucracy in my life - and I'm a school teacher!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam'n'Kelv View Post
    Agreed. I've never felt so impotent in the face of mindless bureaucracy in my life - and I'm a school teacher!

"mindless bureaucracy". My feelings exactly. Very good choice of words. Thanks and good luck to you all.

but if it keeps mindless hooligans or spongers out of the country it can only be a good thing. although I would feel better if I was on the otherside of the application process

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast