Thread: School Zones - Does anybody know if schools accept rented addresses?

Default School Zones - Does anybody know if schools accept rented addresses?

Does anybody know if schools accept rented addresses? I've e-mailed Macleans, Howick and Botany Downs and haven't had a reply off any of them.
    It will be my only address in NZ, newly arrived but I'm aware it would be an easy way to get into a school zone for residents who want a better school so they might not accept them.
    Alan.

It's been no problem in Cambridge. How would they know it's a rental address, doesn't it just look like a normal address?

Not got one yet but yes it should be a normal address, looking like a 3 bed house. Even though it would be easy to check up on if they wanted to.

plenty of children live in rented homes longterm - how would they go to school if schools didn't accept rentals for zoning? i'm sure it will be fine - though they may want to check that you are actually live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigirl View Post
    though they may want to check that you are actually live there.
    We had to show our rental agreement to prove we lived there - thats in Christchurch but it may be the same for most zoned schools.

Tanya

Hi Alan,
    We have 1 at Macleans, 1 at BBI and 1 at Pigeon Mountain and we had to show proof of address to all three schools. We are renting initially and a copy of the lease agreement plus a utility bill was necessary. BUT Macleans require you to show proof that you will live in zone for 12 months and you have to sign a doc to say that if you move out of zone within a twelvemonth, you will remove your child from Macleans. Our rental is for a year, so that was OK. However, we are likely to move into our home soon, so please PM me if you would lke further info.

Yvonne O'Brien the Enrollment Officer at Macleans is usually very efficient at replying to eamil; I would send a "Just checking if you got my email..." -type message if you hacen't heard within the week.

Gil

Yes, I'm sure you should be fine with a rental - but the schools like you to PROVE that you live there (and it is your main residence) and that you will CONTINUE to live in the zone while your child attends the school.